Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear EN 516 Ethernet Hub (Any Info)

• 16-12-2003 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything much about the above product

are they any good
    expensive
    Do people want them

I have done a googler and havent turned much up and i can find any info on the netgear website

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's a HUB and sounds like it has 16 ports.

It's not expensive - as everyone uses switches these days. With a HUB only one device can talk at a time - the others listen. With a 16 port switch you could have up to 8 private conversations. Also switches are better for security since not every packet can be sniffed by everyone all the time.

If you want I could let you have a 12 port 10 MB switch for 27.50 (full 19" rack mount etc.) with a 100Mb uplink. 3com factory sealed and can be managed etc.

Advertisement