Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tests

Options
  • 16-12-2003 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

So how do you all think you're gonna do in them, or how did you do? Mine start tomorrow and I'm rather fucked for most of them. Probably looking at D's and E's. Nyeh, that's what I get for not studying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

started my 5th year chrimbo tests on friday the only one i think i'll fail is accounting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

In all my years in school, I never did well in my Christmas exams. I think I averaged about three E's and four D’s every Christmas - which I always got a bollocking for. I ended up with 480 or something like that last June, with minimal effort. So don't worry about them, especially if you're in fifth year. Its Christmas, enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Urgh crap far, but i did my history today, was my bday yest n i was out drinking instead of studying. Hung over today and I wrote a page and a half about Nicholas II in 1 and a half hours, im ****in ashamed tbh. Im just gonna explain the whole hungover thing to her. I think I did well in my biology and english tests considering I didn't study.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Im half way through my 6th year christmas tests. There going good but Ive got applied maths to-morrow and thats going to be a b!tch!
    I only study the subjects I like which isn't the best of ideas.

i finnished my exams i'm FREE well until the 7th of jan. over all i think (hope) i done ok my last test (german) was a piece of piss and i think the teacher made it like that cause we didn't really learn in class and she didn't want to look bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Im so far behind in chemistry and Irish, I dont even wanna think about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I failed Irish and English, so ashamed of failing English, first time in my life that I've failed English :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

My friend failed every single English test he ever got ever, due to a crap teacher, and then he got a B2 in the leaving.

English is a funny funny subject :)
    Dont rely on it for points unless you're really good cause its just all over the gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

How many schools give Christmas tests to 6th years? It's so very messed up! As if the mocks aren't enough yeah? My school's smart in that area, they skip Christmas tests for 6th years. But you just have to wonder if any of these people are sane or not.

It's even funnier when the mocks are on some 2 weeks before the Christmas exams :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Yes im finely free! Applied maths was a b!tch and so was french but I did well in my last exam, physics.
    My school gives christmas tests to 6th years. Their excuse is that its the teachers' last chance to gage where you're at...
    My midterm is the week before my mocks! They're such evil %$@*!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The excuse should be it'll make you study cause you are scared that you will fail, otherwise a lot of people won't do anything till the mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

i finished today and i think im after failing English(first time ever), French and Geography. And i better get over 60% in my Biology test cos if i dont i wont be able to go on the trip shes bringing us on...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

got my report today and im failing french (and i plan to use it for points) erk!
    D in pass irish too, B's in everything else so not too bad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 alfonso*

Originally posted by richindub2
    got my report today and im failing french

enjoy life with serge,corinne passed me 0_o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by PHB
    My friend failed every single English test he ever got ever, due to a crap teacher, and then he got a B2 in the leaving.

English is a funny funny subject :)
    Dont rely on it for points unless you're really good cause its just all over the gaff.

It's not that I failed English, but English failed me :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

my school( john scottus)
    gave the teachers the options of exams to 6th year's to the teacher,
    (apart from mr kerr, the best irish teacher in the world, he asked us if we wanted a test)

tests in english, classical studies,and irish,

block teaching in rest.

help me please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by MarkMI6
    How many schools give Christmas tests to 6th years? It's so very messed up! As if the mocks aren't enough yeah? My school's smart in that area, they skip Christmas tests for 6th years. But you just have to wonder if any of these people are sane or not.

It's even funnier when the mocks are on some 2 weeks before the Christmas exams :D

We get halloween tests, christmas tests, the mocks, easter tests and then the LC!

Yep, these tests may get u in sh!t with the parents but at least they give u an idea of where you're at. You also never study as hard as u do the night before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

woo woo woo! Crimbo tests over, i finally got my results... wait til ya see this...

English: 69%
    Maths: 69%
    Physics: 69%
    Geography: 76%
    Tech Graphics: 77%
    Irish (pass): 83%
    German: 84%
    Applied Maths:84%
    Music: 84%

Look at that for a bitch of results, so close to those a's and b's. I tihnk my teachers are trying to point something out to me...

EDIT: i love cramming sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

9 subjects? why exactly would you do 8 honours subjects?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

because i find music and applied maths easy. Applied maths is a one year course, i did it last year and this year, so i'm set, if i get less than a B1 in that i'll be amazed. And theres no subject i find particularly difficult, the subjec i was most worried about i got 84 in (German).

But saying that, i will be concentrating on 7 honours subjects from the mock on, the last honours subject i'll keep up, but i won;t study it too hard. It all depends on the mock results...

Also, pass irish is a JOKE. I have all my answers learnt off by heart (practically). The essay i'm using is the same one i used for my junior cert honours (with a few eextra cool phrases), but its 95%the same. The poetry is given to you on the paper, so its not as if i even have to learn quotes. And i'm good enough at irish to waffle out an answer to any poetry/story question they ask.

As for the letter and comhra, we were given sheets out with phrases to learn. From those i know about 15-20 phrases, and that covers both topics, so i can easily write a piece using those phrases on ANY topic.

BTW, if anyone wants any of these notes, i'll try to scan em in and post them up.

EDIT:
    I do 8 honours subjects because i am able to do them. I would probably get better marks if i did less, but i can still achieve good marks (b3's and upwards) in all 9 subjects i'm doing.

Rofl, my mate got a 38% in honours french and 39% in honours english

BURRRRRRRRNNNN :D

a guy in my maths class got 13% (pass)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

if u do 8 honours subjects u got a 2 subject cushion, just in case. worked for me :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    a guy in my maths class got 13% (pass)

a fella in my class got 11% in pass, not me though i got 63%

yeh my maths teacher gave us the test a week before saying that is what on your test go study it and all he did for real test was change numbers and that's it.

i got 80% well above what i expected but how you could horriblely fail when ur given the test is well beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

hey, just reading all yer posts about x-mas tests...all i can say is (unusually) i love my school! they dont giv us x-mas tests.

Originally posted by Fast_Mover
    hey, just reading all yer posts about x-mas tests...all i can say is (unusually) i love my school! they dont giv us x-mas tests.

you ARE in leaving cert. right? Id find this hard to believe unless you have your mocks very soon after xmas

LOL I got 89% in my English and I didn't open Macbeth all year. It was unseen and macbeth. He goes: Your English is excellent and you bring up some brilliant original points, however it's clear that you didn't take any time to learn quotes.

TAKE THAT PEOPLE WHO STAY IN STUDY 24/7 :p (yes i know i failed my history, stfu)

• Advertisement

congrats liam, u've mastered the art of waffle, it will serve you well in the LC ;)

Advertisement