Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tests

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Little word of advice on english:

Your result in your tests before the leaving cert isn't a good indication cause the english examiners are total idiots :)
    There is no real proper marking scheme, don't rely on getting an A in it unless you're very very talented.

Also if you're getting 89% without studying, why don't you do some study to get that A1?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I had the most terrible ENglish leaving cert teacher. As I went to school in the Gaeltacht, he would actually teach part of the english class in irish. Noone in the class, and I'm inlcuding the brightest and the best ever got over 45% from him. Yet when I sat the LC exam at honours level I got an A1. So go figure. I did get grinds from an excellent lady, as I didn't even know the layout of the paper due to this idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Because without studying i can get an a2.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

yeah, but don't be lazy. I'm damn proud of my A1 in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

LOL I got 89% in my English and I didn't open Macbeth all year. It was unseen and macbeth. He goes: Your English is excellent and you bring up some brilliant original points, however it's clear that you didn't take any time to learn quotes.

i hope that your teacher will be sending the mock papers away to be corrected. You'd be amazed at how lenient some teachers can be. I know my german teacher is insane, he will give marks to people cos he thinks that they did know it, but just forgot it on the day!

Don't always believe the mark your teacher gives you, especially inthe waffle subjects like english and history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well considering the average mark for the year was about 55-60% I'm fairly comfortable with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

you ARE in leaving cert. right? Id find this hard to believe unless you have your mocks very soon after xmas

well im in 5th yr but our 6th yrs get no x-mas exams either-no year does. 6th yr's pre's are starting either nxt monday or the monday after.
    must say it doesnt affect our students results as they always get excellent results each year- and im not saying that to boast about my school or anything like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

what school is that by the way?

Advertisement