Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

highest ping for q3

Options
  • 08-01-2000 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

What's the highest ping you could safely play with on UK q3 servers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

It depends on the relative pings of the people playing Emperor. But I tried to play today with a ping of 400 compared to a lad with around 200 and it was very hard - specially trying to fire the rail. But it may help develop psychic abilites, who knows ? cos i got him twice with the rail on that space bouncy level which is ludicrous %)

[This message has been edited by Overlord (edited 08-01-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Overlord (edited 08-01-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Emperor

cheers, i'm just wondering at what stage you become a total HPB smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

I think u'll find that if u're ping is
    steady, even if it is muck, that its easier to play than when it goes up and down de hole
    bleedin time sunglasses.gif

Shad

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Still trying to play when youve got another 5 people in the cafe www'ing and F|_|cking wif yer bandwidth.. jaysus h chríst.. do they ever learn..

arf arf..

|Chief|... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Old Ser

I wont play with a ping over 60 with q3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

cos ur a spoiled child smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I was playing on Barrysworld last night with 270ish ping and it was highly unplesant but I managed to play OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Don't forget the \ before exec...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

most nites around 11pm ESAT is very playable, so am either on ign or the bw tp servers. i had a very steady 150-160 ping on ign last nite at around midnite. barrys was only about 10-20ms more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I am the HPB king, let all lesser pings kneel before me sunglasses.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i was on the ign server at about 220 and it was unplayable
    not that that sort of latency bothers me coz im more or less use to it, but the pl was mad.
    and the fact that it was one of those stupid jump pad space levels made it more frustrating. you eventually manage to get a red armour and a rl and dodge every rail monkey in the place to go fall over the edge when the thing goes mad and tries to catch up on everything youve missd in the last 10 seconds.
    quake on speed? i think so.

however, its still fun to play.
    when you are putting in your own config in q3a, is it just the same as q2?
    stick your user.cfg file in the q3base directory and then at consol type exec user.cfg
    also, if anyone has a cfg up on a site explaining what all the little bits of monkey work do can they give me an url/
    cheers
    eamo

Advertisement