Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Disposal Query

Options
  • 16-12-2003 10:57am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What are the alternatives ?
    Am in SDCC so had a form posted out yesterday - is this chargable or is it covered by bin tax ?

Problem is I can't find the Licening Cert - so can't get it stamped as disposed (in case there is the problem of back tax)

Also an entrepuner asked to collect it "for parts" - what is the story there with having it wriffen off / transfer of ownership etc. My brother sold a car similarily and the Guards came to ask questions later because the car was involved in an incident and his name was still on the records.

Any recomendations ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭an_taoiseach

Hmmmm,

If your entrepuner friend <scrub> associate takes it be sure to remove / grind down the various VIN plates so that none of it can be linked to your good self.

Not sure that the engine s/n matters to much

Would a scrappie be interested in taking it ? I am astounded at the number of cars going to the crusher that dont seem to get picked over by scrappies.

Why is this country so focused on recycling rather than reuse ?

O/T & BTW what year, make, model ?

An T

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    My brother sold a car similarily and the Guards came to ask questions later because the car was involved in an incident and his name was still on the records.
    Be very wary of a dubious sell on - could end up in the hands of a bunch of 15 year olds like the two killed in clare.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Not much chance of that - the Clutch won't engage any more.
    It's 10 years old and real scrapyards aren't interested.

Have got the form from SDCC rather than go down the "coupla quid boss" route

Advertisement