Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nirvana Unplugged

• 16-12-2003 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

MTV showed the Nirvana unplugged session this morning.
    First time I've seen the footage of it. Probably the greatest unplugged of all time :)
    Bloody great. Anybody else catch it? Can you get it on DVD?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

turned it on half way through it :( but it's on again on the 22nd at the ungodly hour of 6am :confused: WTF
    MTV2 then show it twice on Christmas Eve at 3pm and again at 8pm :)
    it is an excellent show and well worth seeing over and over again IMO

BTW Nirvana Live And Loud is on the 19th of January on MTV2 at 2pm. that is an excellent live show and well worth watching/taping if you havent seen it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Seen this too much to be honest...

If you want a good Unplugged, check out the Alice in Chains' session. Its really, really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i dunno... its good n all but i reckon pearl jams unplugged session would run em close... is that on at any stage??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Im a massive Nirvana Fan and i love the unplugged set, but the alice in chains has to be the best one, the nirvana one has some unbelivable moments but the alice one is just just great from start to finish,

R.I.P to Both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

the nirvana show owns, where did you sleep last night and man who sold the world are pure cool

if you want the show on dvd you gotta buy it from amazon, and they import it from thailand or some ungodly place

if you want something really good, go to livenirvana.com and trade for the full uncut unplugged show on cd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

There's plenty of other great unplugged sessions, Pearl Jam, Arrested Development, Alice In Chains,

Eric Clapton has got to be my favourite though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Kurdt
    its good n all but i reckon pearl jams unplugged session would run em close... is that on at any stage??

Christmas Eve on MTV2 is as follows regarding MTV Unplugged showings:

14:00: Pearl Jam
    14.30: Stone Temple Pilots
    15:00: Nirvana
    16:00: REM
    16:30: Oasis
    18:00: Pearl Jam
    18:30: Stone Temple Pilots
    19:00: Alice In Chains
    20:00: Nirvana

for anyone interested
    Jay-Z Unplugged is 28th January at 11pm on MTV Base

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    Christmas Eve on MTV2 is as follows regarding MTV Unplugged showings:

cheers for that ;)

i'll have to get a friends to do me some recording coz i'm too poor and underpriviliged :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Originally posted by Mossy Monk

[/B]

We obviously wont be getting much if they're only showing half an hour of each. and then there's also the matter of MTV2's painfully long ad segments every 15 mins.....*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Originally posted by Creature
    We obviously wont be getting much if they're only showing half an hour of each. and then there's also the matter of MTV2's painfully long ad segments every 15 mins.....*sigh*

Oh, for the days when they used to never show any ads.. *sigh*

Edit:
    MUSIC: Unplugged
    Channel: MTV2 442
    Date: Friday 2nd January 2004
    Time: 15:00 to 16:00
    Duration: 1 hour.
    (Nirvana) On the 18th November 1993, Nirvana recorded their now legendary MTV Unplugged performance. Relive the special gig now, including seminal classics like 'Come As You Are' and 'All Apologies'

MUSIC: Unplugged
    Channel: MTV2 442
    Date: Friday 2nd January 2004
    Time: 20:00 to 21:00
    Duration: 1 hour.
    (Alice In Chains) The definitive heavy metal band of the early '90s, Alice In Chains were at their height when performing this MTV Unplugged session. Includes the likes of 'Man In The Box' and 'Angry Chair'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement