Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy class vrs the Defaint

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

you know that battle scarring we where talking about yeah we'll thats the reason for its whiteness, its just cause the defiant is so good in fits against so many classes that they put it in many battles and don't have a chance to give it a paint job :D

(p.s ignore the vor'cha class cruiser in the background its really light years away and its all matter of perspective)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

lol this has just gone to a whole new level!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I would love those models tbh

i dont know where to buy them though

and lets not get into the riker poster.......i think the techy term for that would be "camra flash glare" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yes let's not bring up any more innuendo.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pinglis/data.htm#data

ok you total lost me their now................GALAXY X ALL THE WAY!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    Oh god that's sad (both the post and the bedroom).

What are those white stains all over the Riker poster :eek: ?

(whoops k.oriodan i editted your post instead of quoting it damn mod powers gone to my head)

eh eh (wipes sweat from his brow) reflection from the flash (oh no my dirty secrets out)

ah theres much fun to be had here this evening :)

bizmark the galaxy-X is a toy i'm afraid not a model bought many moons again in smyths toystore in galway whilst on holidays, it changes kinda like a transformer into the galaxy class that the defiant kicks the ass off.

other models i got in easons years ago and the klingon ship and an excelsior (which i screwed up in painting) where gotten cheap when gamesworld where selling them off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

...What are those white stains all over the Riker poster...
    Number one?

Bah i remember makeing F-16 models keept on glueing the landing gear to my hands :rolleyes:

God only knows how hard it would be to make one of those big expensive galaxy models you can buy online

id have warp necelles guled to my hand and a stardrive stuck to my head :D
    Number one?

well if your useing the numbering system wouldnt that be Number 3

i don't know about the big fancy ones now i have to say but the defiant was a piece of piss, its more or less a snap together i just used glue to hold it in place. my ds9 was handy enough as well, though is quite amusing as they are not to scale. i hate painting though and the vor'cha and the **** job i did on the excelsior was the only ones i did.

i've got a mate who is a closet trekkie who has some deadly star trek models painted absolutely deadly

Theirs no trekkies around here so i have to go on line and take the piss out of fellow irish trekkies :D

i have no models or posters :( only 3 books and a couple of games oh and 1 dvd .......im a sorry excuse of a trekkie really:(

• Advertisement

I have one Star Trek novel, 2 star trek film dvds, Star trek voyager elite force game. Thought I was pretty sad with the novel (well my parents got it for me). Uggh, and then there was the fan-fiction I tried writing when I was 10 :(

Woah, this thread's gone off-topic :D

Has anyone bought TNG on DVD, it would cost a fortune to get every series

Season one alone is GBP 57.99 ex p+p
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005UO5M/ref=sr_aps_dvd_1_1/026-5931503-5190024

Well seeming i won that one it doesnt matter :D

Imagen trying to buy every single year or every tv show and movie .....good god you would have to have the gnp of germany

You can buy all 7 series on DVD but it's still really expensive, like £400. It's comes in a "mega-cube", don't know how good it looks because all the pics show is the interior with the dvds.

TV show box sets I've bought.

Family Guy ones, they're nice and cheap and compact.
    six feet under box 1.
    some under random single dvd seasons.
    Farscape Seasons 1, 2 & 3 box sets (and will get 4 as soon as it comes out, for the moment I'm getting it on copied DVD :p).

I'll get star trek box sets when they stop being showed several times a day on TV :)

yep but thats 400 just for tng then you have tos ds9 voyager and 10 movies :D

You can buy all 7 series on DVD but it's still really expensive, like £400. It's comes in a "mega-cube", don't know how good it looks because all the pics show is the interior with the dvds.

Borg Mega Cube: Star Trek The Next Generation: Seasons 1-7 - Ltd Ed

"Only 1,000 of these box set collections will be made available worldwide... Each purchase also includes a numbered certificate of purchase commissioned by Starfleet Command..." (http://www.dvdshoppinguk.co.uk/news/713/) Well for the price it would want to!

Amazon = Price N/A because Out of stock
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000C668U/026-5931503-5190024

Also tried froogle
    http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Borg+Mega+Cube&btnG=Search+Froogle

Originally posted by bizmark
    yep but thats 400 just for tng then you have tos ds9 voyager and 10 movies :D

You would only really want TNG

yes I know, it's so daunting.

You can get the 10 movies in a box set as well.

(ah box sets of box sets :) )
    £82 for all the films.

Dataisgod is going to have a fit when he reads all this and then looks at the thread title :D

raster (and everyone else :) ), try www.play.com or www.blackstar.co.uk

Cheap dvds plus you don't have to pay delivery :)

• Advertisement

i douth data will mind

i was considering getting that movie box set .........but well theirs only a few that are really worth getting

1.St 1
    2.st 2
    3.st 3
    4.st 6
    5.st 7
    6.st 8
    7.st 10

hmm maybe it is worth getting after all

It is simply too expensive, you could get a decent flat panel instead, and one season.

that cube is available to buy off www.blackstar.co.uk for £449.99 EEK. But at least you get a clock with it ;)

that cube is available to buy off www.blackstar.co.uk for £449.99 EEK. But at least you get a clock with it ;)

So you can time how much overtime you are working to pay for it.

ya but if i was to buy box sets i would get all the tng ds9 and the movies

that would cost in and around 1100 euro :eek:

think there's a split feature to put these posts in a "star trek - box sets?" or something thread.

Dataisgod is going to have a fit when he reads all this and then looks at the thread title :D

i don't mind at all once the discussion is on trek in general i'm happy :)

Hehe data is a easy mod

and folks yous don't own enough star trek stuff, heres some pics of my room about 6 months ago we'll have no comments on the wallpaper or curtains both of which are quite old :)

102-0247_IMG.JPG
    102-0248_IMG.JPG
    102-0249_IMG.JPG
    102-0250_IMG.JPG

• Advertisement

I think you should change your wall paper and possible get new curtains :D:D:p:p

Advertisement