Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esat bt

• 16-12-2003 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Im on esat bt business but cant seem to do a ping or a tracert in cmd.exe any one know why this is happening and if it is something that esat bt has invoked ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I have no problems here, as i said in the PM ill speak to a guy i know in Esat and see what he says. Ill let you know if i find out anything. You could always ring tech support :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Grom

lol erm no bk but I know you know why.tis weird :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Didnt i read in here a few weeks ago that esat are blocking all icmp traffic over dialup and dsl?

Im sure i did.

That was IOL not Business.

and okie grom but i haven't heard back from this guy yet. I might be working in tech support there soon so maybe i can answer some questions then :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 monkey_magic

I have EsatBT Business DSL, and I have no problems doing pings and traceroutes. Are you sure you don't have a firewall blocking ICMP, If you're using WinXP as your os there is a connection firewall that if enabled blocks ICMP by default.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Grom

im using win xp but i dont think I have activated the firewall.were about is the firewall and how Would I go about checking to see if it is activated. ?

Hrmm bk when you start there you never eard of me erase your mind of all the pms :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Go to your network connections folder in the control panel. Your connection icon, if firewalled, will actually say that it is. If not, right click on it, choose properties, advanced, and select the "protect blah blah blah.."

lol grom ill be residential cos id be a newbie ;)

no calls from u thank **** :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

Hey guys just a question for ye. I'm with EsatBT business package too. Now i bought a new pc and I want to connect my Ericsson ADSL LAN Modem HM120dp to it. Only problem is that I lost the set up cd while moving stuff. I contacted Esat and they forwarded me onto a site for drivers but they were for the wrong modem. I asked them if they could send me out a replacement cd but didn't answer that. I was wondering if anyone else has the drivers they can send me? I tried www.drivers.com and some other sites but they failed to work. Any help will be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by kensutz
    Hey guys just a question for ye. I'm with EsatBT business package too. Now i bought a new pc and I want to connect my Ericsson ADSL LAN Modem HM120dp to it. Only problem is that I lost the set up cd while moving stuff. I contacted Esat and they forwarded me onto a site for drivers but they were for the wrong modem. I asked them if they could send me out a replacement cd but didn't answer that. I was wondering if anyone else has the drivers they can send me? I tried www.drivers.com and some other sites but they failed to work. Any help will be
    appreciated.

Any of these work?

http://www.wintipsitalia.net/article199.html
    http://www.modem-drivers.com/drivers/60/60722.htm
    http://www.modem-drivers.com/drivers/60/60553.htm
    http://www.windowsxp-drivers.com/drivers/83/83884.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'll have a go at them later. I'll let u know how i get on. Thanks for those anyways. :)

Good luck finding the drivers, they seem to have changed the model then recently as i have the Hm230dp which doesnt seem to need any drivers.

didnt even get an installtion cd ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by monkey_magic
    I have EsatBT Business DSL, and I have no problems doing pings and traceroutes. Are you sure you don't have a firewall blocking ICMP, If you're using WinXP as your os there is a connection firewall that if enabled blocks ICMP by default.

No issues here on Esat Business DSL,
    as for WinXP firewall a default install does not have the firewall enabled by default (unless you have the upcoming SP2 installed which will enable the firewall by default from now on)
    yes I know its not out yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Cabaal
    (unless you have the upcoming SP2 installed which will enable the firewall by default from now on)
    yes I know its not out yet :D

The beta is out

Advertisement