Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Operation Freeflow (My A*se)

Options
  • 16-12-2003 4:55pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed an increase in the amount of time to drive through Dublin since O.F. came into force?
    My journeys take about 25% longer since it it came in and I don't think it is caused by shoppers (not @ 7am anyway).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I agree It takes me on average 45mins more to get into work and Im coming in from Lucan the Old lucan road to the foxhunter is getting worse.

and this has only happened over the last couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I come in from Lucan as well and I have found traffic an even bigger nightmare since "operation freeflow"! I have to leave at least half an hour earlier now to make it in to work on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I've posted along similar lines on the Commuting / Transport forum.

Today was better, but this is halfway through the fricking operation. And the days between Christmas Eve and 5th Jan will be quiet coz the culchies will have have left the Pale ;) Including the silly gards who couldn't direct a p!$$ up in a brewery.

Nah, this is year 6 or 7. Happens every year and only lasts about a month, so they "could do better". Wonder if we wrote that on their report cards, would the gards directing traffic not graduate?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The North Quays were freeflowing at 4pm today, although O'Connell Street was it's usual chaotic (much due to pedestrians and plaza works).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Some of the gardai on points duty are ****ing idiots - saw one guy try to get about six/seven cars on the quays to reverse last night because one car at the front was about one foot into a yellow box - not obstructing traffic... and then the lights went in our favour twenty seconds later...

That said - thought it had been really effective in previous years - maybe the latest batch from templemore arent the brightest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I see the gards a lot, but most of them are doing nothing, or if they are doing anything they are waving the traffic on when the lights are green... stoping them when its red :confused:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

well it may not be crime but at least they are stopping something :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

operation more overtime for the gardai more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

the guards are too busy texting their friends folks !

having said that - 3 weeks ago, journey from D2 to D15, leaving at 4pm, was having me in my house at 4.30pm. Now I'm lucky to get there by 5pm.

Mornings haven't changed, altough I'm on the road at 6.30am

Advertisement