Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Broadband Exhanges

• 16-12-2003 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

The following Exchanges were launched on 16/12/03

Newlands Cross
    Kilcullen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Hi,
    Has Crossagalla in Limerick been upgraded yet, or is there a list of eircom's upgrade schedule??
    thegills

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hi
    Whats the story with the Dunshaughlin Exchange in Co. Meath, there is confusion here if the exchange is upgraded or not as some people appear to pass the online bb tests for past month yet Eircom claimed to me on the phone that we're not due for a Broadband upgrade till next March at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Region Exchange Area
    Dublin Area Ashbourne
    Beggarsbush
    Balbriggan
    Blanchardstown
    Ballyboden
    Belcamp
    Bray
    Cabra
    Celdbridge
    Clondalkin
    Clontarf
    Crown Alley
    Crumlin
    Custom House
    City West
    Dolpins Barn
    Dundrum
    Dunlaoire
    Dunboyne
    Finglas
    Foxrock
    Greystones
    Lucan/Ballydowd
    Leixlip
    Merrion
    Maynooth
    Malahide
    North Main
    Newlands Cross
    Nutley
    Portmarnock
    Palmerston
    Phibsboro
    Priory Park
    Rathmines
    Rochestown
    Rush
    Santry
    Ship Street
    Shankhill
    Sandyford
    Swords
    Summerhill
    Sutton
    Tallaght
    Terenure
    Walkinstown
    Whitehall
    Dublin Airport

Central Region Clonmel
    Dundalk
    Drogheda
    Naas
    New Ross
    Navan
    Portlaois
    Athy
    Wicklow
    Arklow
    Gorey
    Tycor
    Enniscorthy
    Waterford
    Wexford
    Wexford Anne Street
    Mullingar
    Trim
    Monaghan
    Cavan
    Clane
    Tullamore
    Blackrock Dundalk
    Newbridge (Droihead Nua)
    Kilcullen
    Southern Region Mallow
    Roches St
    Dooradoyle
    Castletroy
    Killarney
    Quaker Rd
    Dennehys Cross
    Douglas
    Wellington Rd
    Clonakilty
    Cobh
    Cork Central
    Glanmire
    Hettyfield
    Little Island
    Mahon
    Churchfield
    Ballincollig
    Tralee
    Shannon Airport
    Shannon
    Ennis
    Listowel
    Macroon
    Bandon
    Kinsale
    Kilkenny
    Carlow
    Caherdavin
    Middleton
    Carrigaline
    Nenagh
    Kanturk
    Newmarket
    Western Region Castlebar
    Athlone
    Donegal Town
    Galway HPO
    Mervue
    Roslevin
    Shantalla
    Westport
    Rathedmond
    Sligo HPO
    Ballinasloe
    Tuam
    Ballina
    Letterkenny
    Oranmore
    Carrick on Shannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

the Guru, are you sure about Newlands Cross this time?
    The online checker thing is still failing my line, IOL told me it'd be the new year before it's ready.
    I tried ringing Eircom but the sales number seems to be diverting to the wrong dept. altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 monk

As for the Dunshaughlin exchange my phone line began to pass the line test 3 weeks ago so I tried to order, but I was told the exchange was being upgraded at the moment and should be done in the next 1-2 weeks. 3 weeks later still no joy in trying to order, so I'm not sure what the story is.
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

[extream teen scream] OMG I LIVE TEHRE,,,, THERE! [/extream teen scream] note not a teen

New exchange, ahhhhhhhh saves his pennies :D:D:DD yes jumping guns but still :D:D:D

yeah the line check thing passed too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

As for the Dunshaughlin exchange my phone line began to pass the line test 3 weeks ago so I tried to order, but I was told the exchange was being upgraded at the moment and should be done in the next 1-2 weeks. 3 weeks later still no joy in trying to order, so I'm not sure what the story is.

I too live in Dunshaughlin, well 2km from it up Lagore Road and my line has never passed the online dsl test, I rang Eircom 2 weeks ago on the Broadband helpline and they told me that Dunshaughlin Exchange will be ready in either March or April of 2004 at the very earliest. I just hope that when the exchange is properly ready that my lines will pass the online test.

Originally posted by Frank Grimes
    the Guru, are you sure about Newlands Cross this time?
    The online checker thing is still failing my line, IOL told me it'd be the new year before it's ready.
    I tried ringing Eircom but the sales number seems to be diverting to the wrong dept. altogether.

If its on that list its upgraded

try not to call 1901 call the Business lines 1800501502 if you have a business or 1800 512128 they are quite good

Gonzo there could be 2 exchanges in Dun shaughlin in not quite sure its the same here in lucan half the town can get it ( all the new houses) and the other half
    ( original lucan) cant pstn dial up sucks plum but it will be upgraded to in april

I think theres only 1 exchange alrite, Dunshaughlin only has about 3500 people living init, the fact that im failing im kinda putting down to wot seems to be just tests in the local exchange at this stage, perhaps the whole exchange will not be upgraded and ready till April as you say there which gives me some hope of passing when everythings ready. I will only cry tears if I fail the online test when the exchange is upgraded fully and Dunshaughlin listed on the eircom site as dsl ready:) Also I had an Eircom techie from the exchange out to my house about 5 months ago to fix a problem with another line in my house and he assured me that when broadband comes to dunshaughlin that I would get bb coz he sed im well within the distance of the Dunshaughlin exchange to get bb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by the Guru
    If its on that list its upgraded

try not to call 1901 call the Business lines 1800501502 if you have a business or 1800 512128 they are quite good
    Yeah that's the one I was calling, got through to them just now though.
    The exchange is upgraded alright, but now my line's failing! It was passing the line test last month when the exchange wasn't enabled, now that it's upgraded I can't get DSL.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Hello Everybody,

Just ordered my DSL this evening so now all I need is the modem and password and I will be laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Twisted_Pear

Hi Guys,

Anyone have any idea when/if the exchanges in skerries are going to be updated :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by Frank Grimes
    Yeah that's the one I was calling, got through to them just now though.
    The exchange is upgraded alright, but now my line's failing! It was passing the line test last month when the exchange wasn't enabled, now that it's upgraded I can't get DSL.

Plug out all the phones, modems, caller i.d's in your house and test the line again. It worked for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Twisted_Pear
    what about skerries
    My line in Kellys Bay passed the test recently, havn't ordered yet though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

after reading this the last day I checked the eircom site and got:

Your Results
    0** ****** Pass
    What does this mean?
    Pass result
    If any of your lines have passed the next step is to find out if broadband is available in your local exchange. We will run this check in our online store.
    - Tell me more >>
    - Go directly to the online store >>

I'm on the Kilcullen exhange.

At the time I just presumed I had to get a line check, thinking it was standard and everyone had to when ordering.

After re reading this I'm wondering does this mean my line has passed and no further line checked is needed? and that i can actually get dsl?

I went back to eircom to double check myself but its not working now. (505 error).

Anyway spell it out for me :)

The more i read it, the more it looks like that i can but is there another line test to confirm or something? when i order? Don't want to get ahead of myself.

Thanks,
    Gid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

If your line passed then go ahead and order broadband, they (eircom) periodically test your line so one day you might pass and the day before you might have failed.

Advertisement