Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAP VOTE FOR Q3 League

Options
  • 12-01-2000 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Ok Butch and MP.

I've decided to listen.

Each Clan that has entered please pick the top 3 levels they would like to see in the Q3 league.

I will then pick the maps the majority want. Let see as many levels as possible.

Jedi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

all 7 DM ones, thats dm6, dm7, dm8, dm9, dm12, dm14 & dm15. We've 8 clans, right? So we all play 7 matches on 7 diff maps.

theres no point irish q3 being particularily good on 3 or 4 maps, we gotta get in the games on all the dm maps that are used as standard in europe.

if u are gonna use the voting system, put me down for whatever of the above maps no-one else voted for smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

are there 7 dm ones? smile.gif i dunno the levs yet - so what nog said smile.gif
    pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I choose Lava Giant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

There are now 12 clans

[KCD team 1]
    [KCD Team 2]
    [PS]
    [CM]
    [HIV]
    [DZR]
    [EED]
    [DF]
    [DK]
    [4P]
    [7]
    [BIO]

All these levels were going to be included anyway except Q3DM9 which has a serious bug in the map where players can actually get in behind walls. So this may not be played.

As there are a lot of teams however what I plan on doing is spliting the league into 2 groups.

6 and 6.

round 1 everyone plays each other. The top 2 teams in each group go through to a semi final type thing. The the winners play it out in a final over 3 levels. Each of the teams picks there favorite map and I will pick the 3rd map if needed.

Hows that sound.

Jedi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

****e, DF and DK are the same clan i think jedi...gotta talk to biosman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

lol paddor u stoopid bog man smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

df and dk are certinly not the same clan young man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Who are DF then?

Who's in it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

i agree with noggy , have a diverse range of maps from the start and ppl will get used to them quicker , jedi on your last post , not a bad idea

[This message has been edited by Sonic (edited 12-01-2000).]

DF : Dark forces

• Advertisement

lol u now have 13 with clan H. btw, are KCD gonna have def numbers to field 2 full strength sides?

[H] wtf. Is that the team with Overlord. **** thats 13 unlucky for me.

Yep KCD say they have enough for 2 teams.

Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

Best map is q3dm6, but id say the version we should use is the new one made by the american clan abuse, grenade launcher instead of red armour etc.

go to http://www.teamabuse.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I dont think we should use modified maps. It envolves everyone downloading it and then if we go to play ppl outside Ireland they may not agree to play on it.

agreed, stick to the out of the box levels for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

My tupence....

I agree with nicky. The Abuse modifications have gone down very well in the states and reckon they'll become fairly defacto. The changes they've made are for very good reasons.....which are described fully on Abuse's web site....have a read.

On the other topic...or rather more on the topic...I reckon that the full complement of DM maps (modified or not) should be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

KCD have enough for 3 Teams, but are only fielding 2, so that we have enough for subs.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

erm Jaden. Tis not as rosy as all that. I'm checking up on our members now and I will confirm to Jedi about the second team by tomorrow if I can.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

DM15 is kack for teamplay as far as I can see, think MP well proved that one night with a few of ye. The first spa to get to the bfg wins the game. I think ye should go with nicky and go for the modified maps. They are modified for a reason, generally it's for the better, and the yanks are playin it. This might seem like blasphemy to all the ScandinaviaQuake worshippers, but then, the yanks were playin Q1DM3 wars when we were still pi$$in about on Kings1 and the like.

Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

dont like being the one to bring this up but are KCD gonna have deffinately sepperate team lists..

And how are we going to enforce that team list..

Sorry lads, I have to ask!

ON the subject of levels Im with the noggster smile.gif

• Advertisement

I have told Shodow that he must name his 2 teams of 4. These players can not swap between either team. The must stick to there original.
    They can however swap subs between teams if needed. Now this does not mean the can leave there best player on the bench to play for both team. So don't take the **** ok. Mail me with your 2 teams as soon as possible and best of luck.

Jedi.

**** i don't want to play 1 layout of maps here and another in the uk. do whatever the uk and europe are at. if ID take the changes on board we'll switch then.

can't see us playing US clans anytime soon, but uk & european ones, yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

jedi..........Hurlin's team is.........damo, creative, ol, vorosha, blade, koopa

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Who are DF?

Honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Ok,

I had a good think about this, and rechecked the maps that Id supplied with q3a.
    I then checked out TeamAbuse's maps and I have to say they are the most balanced maps
    for teamplay I've seen about. For those who havn't see the Abuse maps, they are
    q3dm6, q3dm7 and q3dm14.

The maps are physicially no diferent to the actual ID maps save for the placement
    of weapons and armour. This means no unfair placement of BFG's, Quads, etc which were
    intended for FFA games. The maps are server side aswell, which means that users/players
    dont have to download them. After playing on the maps, for some bizzare reason I seem to
    get an improovement on fps. I dont know why this is. Have they replaced some gfx effects
    or what?

Anyhows, the Abuse q3dm6 map is really excellent. I did/do like the ID version aswell, but
    IMHO the placement of weapons is much better thought out. The game plot is to hold the RA,
    and from that anchor point, extend control toward the RL and LG. The opposing team can/has
    control of the YA, RG and Plasma gun. Both teams have ample ways to attack/obtain quad.
    This is an ideal map for the Q3League and some many great wars will be played on it.

The Origional q3dm7 map from ID is good. I prefere it to the Abuse Dm8 map. The only real
    difference to the map is the location markers, which could be helpfull for teamplay
    games.

The Abuse q3dm14 map is really class. The BFG replacement is the battlesuit and the
    locations of some of the weapons, again, has been thought out much better than the origional
    ID map. The train of thought here is to hold the central area with the RA in it. This
    makes gameplay interesting as it has loads on entrance points to it. Quad is miles away and
    so is the battlesuit. Which if either team got, could storm right in and take back the RA.
    This will be a very cool map for games and very exciting.

Id try these 3 maps out for a start anyhows and take it from there.

Thx for the replays lads but for the first season. I thinks its better to stick to the ID levels even though I agree some of them are unbalanced.

And after alot of thought I have to agree my favorite level is Q3DM6. I have played the Abuse verion and the changes they have made are class.

But to prevent confusion at this stage of the league I will stick to the original levels.

As many levels as possible will be played.

You will see the list later on tonight.

thx
    Jedi.

Advertisement