Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital camera + printer combos (no PC)... recommendations?

• 16-12-2003 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

Digital camera + printer combos (no PC)... recommendations?
    Evening all,

I'd like to buy my "kid" sister (30-plus!) a reasonable digital camera outfit for Christmas — she's the 'strictly snapshot' type, still doesn't have a PC at home, is technically incompetent/"whatever...", and gaily trots along to her local 24-hour outfit to fork out €10-€12 a go for 24 prints of which maybe 3 or 4 are worth printing in the first place... (sorry for the condescending/paternalistic overtones...!)

I seem to vaguely remember seeing ads in the newspapers lately for a Sony camera with its own dedicated mini-printer — "NO NEED FOR A PC", etc. — and will start scouring the web just after I post this query. But in the meantime I'd be very grateful if any of you could offer any advice/recommendations/links, etc. (— preferably to IRL/UK suppliers, given the deadline!)

Wishing you all a very festive season,
    An ceann pheicear (slightly jarred after an office party... :))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brucealmighty

Pixmania.com has great prices on Digital cameras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Thanks, brucealmighty — I'll check them out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 juggie

check this out.. its Epson Camera+printer combo for 450 Esquids..
    http://shop.iol.ie/shop/products.asp?groupid=92&productid=14D0002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I got a present of a Canon CP200 yesterday. Fantastic little printer. It's relatively small but as it's a dye-sub printer the prints are perfect photo lab quality. It works with canon cameras that support the direct print function, check on the canon website for a list of compatible cameras/camcorders. Threw out a perfect glossy print last night in under 60 secs. On flipping the print over too you'll find the paper is postcard format on the back.. which is nice.

Also prints to business card sized paper & sticky labels. Best present ever :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I knew I had seen a good bundle:

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECS889795&productID=0

HP Photosmart 435 Digital Camera and HP PhotoSmart 7260 Photo Printer for 226.26 euro's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

If you are willing to spend a lot of money on your sister you could get her a really good printer, with which you can print directly from a camera.

The new Stylus Photo R300 allows you to print photos, personalise CDs and store your images without the need for a PC.

Advertisement