Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need complete router settings for iolbb

• 16-12-2003 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

i can't find a complete list of settings for iolbb and i was hoping somebody could link me to them or type them up if they know them. i'm trying to set it up at the moment but i'm getting nowhere.

i need:
    Default Gateway
    VPI
    VCI
    Static IP Address
    Subnet Mask

ENCAPSULATION : "PPPoE VC-Mux" or "PPPoE LLC" or "PPPoE None"

BRIDGE Disabled/Enabled

IGMP Disabled/Enabled

PPP
    Service Name
    Username
    Password
    Disconnect Timeout
    Authentication CHAP/PAP/Auto
    Automatic Reconnect

DHCP
    DHCP client enable
    Host Name

would really appreciate some help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Well since noone answered already I'll tell you VPI 8 VCI 35 and PPPoE and CHAP for authentication........username/passwd I'm sure you can fill in without help:D.

<edit>that would be PPPoE LLC</edit>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭deadduck

thanks mate, that's most of the problem. thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭innisfree

I'm kinda in a similar situation. For IOL BB, I need:

IP Address:
    Subnet Mask:
    Gateway/Router:
    DNS Servers:

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

They should be all provided when your login has been completed. You might be able to hardcode DNS, gateway and subnet mask but your IP is provided by the ISP as part of PPP login.

Ok, I figured out how to get the IP Address (Through the connection status properties), but I don't have a clue how to get the other 3.

I'm clueless in this area in general. What's 'harcoding DNS'? Any help in getting these numbers would be greatly appreciated as I'm sitting here now trying to figure them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by innisfree
    Ok, I figured out how to get the IP Address (Through the connection status properties), but I don't have a clue how to get the other 3.

I'm clueless in this area in general. What's 'harcoding DNS'? Any help in getting these numbers would be greatly appreciated as I'm sitting here now trying to figure them out.
    When your PPPoE client logs in, it sets the IP address, mask, the gateway and the DNS server.

"Hardcoding DNS" is exactly what you are trying to do - specifying the DNS address to use instead of allowing the system to get it from the server when it logs in. You don't normally have to do that, though there may be occassions where you decide to use a different DNS server instead of your ISPs. (If you don't know why, then you don't need to know how!).

By the way, if you're looking for this info to try and get that USR router working without a DSL modem, give that dope in Peats a smack in the gob tomorrow, and demand reimbursement for your wasted time while you're at it.

Originally posted by Ripwave
    When your PPPoE client logs in, it sets the IP address, mask, the gateway and the DNS server.

By the way, if you're looking for this info to try and get that USR router working without a DSL modem, give that dope in Peats a smack in the gob tomorrow, and demand reimbursement for your wasted time while you're at it.

Done. And they still won't accept it won't act as a modem. I said there's no modem inside it to the first guy today - after he asked what didn't work - said, "All routers are modems". They finally gave a refund anyway.

Thanks for the other info. I found that doing 'ipconfig' in dos gave me the above details anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by innisfree
    I said there's no modem inside it to the first guy today - after he asked what didn't work - said, "All routers are modems".

:eek: :eek: :eek: Never go there ever again.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Advertisement