Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting for bargains {vote}

• 16-12-2003 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Is people asking for bargains/cheap stuff/leeching your bookmarks...ok with you? 6 votes

No
    0% 0 votes
    Yes
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How about a spearate section ? - for "Bargains Wanted" - so no one gets excited by a new post when it's only someone looking for a price. You could put a sticky up asking for the word WANTED in the subject - but muppets can't read ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Is people asking for bargains/cheap stuff/leeching your bookmarks...ok with you?

I thought that was the whole idea of boards? People help each other out and stuff???
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

BARGAINS SOUGHT and BARGAINS FOUND
    I think it's a good idea for ppl to contribute to someone's request for a good product at a good price. That way, ppl can find out that there are alternatives to the mainstream outlets deserving of custom.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Id say either allow it on this board or have a seperate "Suppliers Board" for talk of where to get stuff from where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

BARGAINS SOUGHT and BARGAINS FOUND otherwise we'd see too many seeking threads etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    BARGAINS SOUGHT and BARGAINS FOUND otherwise we'd see too many seeking threads etc.
    I'll second that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by oneweb

Yeah, like that too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

quote:
    Originally posted by oneweb

Sounds good.
    There's bound to be a few moron posts in sought, but nothing we can't live with / sort out pdq, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I voted yes.

This is because I used this forum for starting a thread just like that :) I feel that it was much appreciated, and help people realise how much they were getting fleeced for contact lenses in the shops. Savings of 50%, etc

I'm not sure, however, that another forum is warrented. Are we not just creating too many different boards, for covering essentially the same thing. A little strong moderation would stop repeating the same threads over and over again. And also some bargain searches may be more suited to other forums, for example: tech ones can be linked to the list of cheap suppliers, etc. Another forum isn't needed in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Strong moderation would be a big workload for somebody to take on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

A seperate Bargains Sought as people have suggested seems like the best idea. The nice thing about the Bargains forum is that nearly every thread has useful stuff in it. If someone requests bargain info on the Bargains Sought forum it could always be moved to the Bargains forum if it turns up some good bargain information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Best option I think. I like dropping into the bargain forum full of nowt but actual bargains but ideally there would be a place for people to ask as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I think its a good idea, it also will draw attention to bargins that might not have been posted or shared if someone didnt ask(ie contact lenses).

People visiting the Bargins section have different backrounds and links, the more sharing that goes on the more bargins that will be had by all (isint that the point of this forum?).

Erm so i guess im voting Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

Yeah I'd like to see a "BARGAINS SOUGHT and BARGAINS FOUND" area too, or simply let people request a bargain.... Its a bit much to be putting two forums up on boards for bargains..
    I was disappointed to see a thread closed today because it didn’t meet the right criteria :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Yea that thread could have been usefull .......

At the min there isint that much trafic on the bargins boards at all compared with say the tec or for sale forum. Would like to see it becoming more active and this might be a good way to get the ball rolling. Why make a new forum when the would both be dealing with "bargins" and where to get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Strong moderation would be a big workload for somebody to take on.

I think Mercs well able.

Think its a good idea. Bargains Sought, has a nice ring to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Thanks Merc. Nice modding and result.
    The [Request or Wanted] tag is the key.
    Should work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

Advertisement