Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do?

• 16-12-2003 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

A few weeks back, I was out at a club and that very night I ended up sleeping with a girl who'd been flirting with me all night. A week later, I receive a call from the girl saying how much she liked me and would like to meet up with me again. I never gave her my phone number, so the call came as a surprise. It took some effort on her part to obtain my number, so she obviously was interested.

I suppose it's worth noting that she'd obviously being doing her research, as she seemed to know an awful lot about me, things which I never told her.

We were regularly texting and ringing each other for about a week and half, and decided that we'd meet up once she'd finished her exams and some night that I was free. But in the past week she hasn't responded to any of my text's or answered any of my calls, so I decided I'd ring her one last time but she never answered.

To be honest, she appeared to be more into me than I was her, but I'd still like to have given it a shot to see how it fanned out. I don’t want to end up being played as her pawn. So do you reckon I should forget about her and leave with my dignity, or wait around like a lapdog?

Comments

LOL

this is EXACTLY what she wants you to be thinking right now, and congratulations, she's made you care enough to post on an internet forum...

What to do? Hmmmm, how about DONT attempt to contact her again before she contacts you, and even then - let here chase YOU, not the other way round. If you really want to get her then you should score someone you know she'll find out about. And don't think to yourself that this will turn her off, because this is the type of chick who wants to be treated like shít and if you're not treating her like shít then she'll be treating you like shít.

trust me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I agree - don't contact her again until she contacts you.

I mean, if she spent so much time and effort in getting your number and finding out stuff about you, and then doesn't bother returning your messages, then she's a bit silly really!!

Although there might be a valid reason behind it.

Either way, I would suggest not contacting her until she calls you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

[edit: PM sent, banned for 2 days. muppetry will not be tolerated. Read the charter. << Fio >>]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

[edit: PM sent. banned for 2 days. muppetry will not be tolerated. See the Charter. << Fio >>]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Don't contact her again and if she contacts you, blank her. Works for me usually. Too many psycho girls in ireland, its a fu cking breeding ground for 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

don't waste ur breath, if ur capable of going out on the pull and getting laid, just do it again and hook the next physco. If some1's messing u around its a great comfort to have the nxt notch on the belt.

caveat: this method is not reccomended during an actual relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

let her wait, she obvisiously wants you to be ringing nite and day! feck her make her come to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

It's difficult to know what the other person is thinking in a situation like this. This girl sounds very interested in you but maybe she thought to herself that she's being a bit too eager.
    I'm in this girls situation pretty much exactly with a guy I've been interested in for a while, I don't know what he's thinking but I'm pretty sure he knows exactly how I feel cos I haven't been too shy in telling him. It's not ideal because I've left it up to him what to do and it leaves me feeling vulnerable. Maybe your girl doesn't want to be stuck like I am- she's dead right too!! :)
    Give her a few days before you decide whether to get in touch with her again.

Originally posted by Kalina
    It's difficult to know what the other person is thinking in a situation like this. This girl sounds very interested in you but maybe she thought to herself that she's being a bit too eager.
    I'm in this girls situation pretty much exactly with a guy I've been interested in for a while, I don't know what he's thinking but I'm pretty sure he knows exactly how I feel cos I haven't been too shy in telling him. It's not ideal because I've left it up to him what to do and it leaves me feeling vulnerable. Maybe your girl doesn't want to be stuck like I am- she's dead right too!! :)
    Give her a few days before you decide whether to get in touch with her again.

That's such a bad idea. If you wanted chocolate but you couldn't have any and the chocolate made you work to get some it would taste great! But if you keep getting chocolate you're just going to feel sick.

I'm not saying don't make the first move, but good lord, don't just tell the person how much you like them - cause it will turn them off very quickly. You've "left it up to him"?? If he wanted to get with you he'd have gotten with you by now. BUT now you're just a backup plan to this person, or else he actually has to think about whether he wants to get with you, which is really shít cause it leaves you hanging...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Err- anyone considered that she might have lost her phone? I nearly called the police out on a nationwide search last week when I hadnt heard from my GF. As it happens, she'd lost her phone. D'ya know any of her mates that you could ask?

K-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by utility_
    That's such a bad idea. If you wanted chocolate but you couldn't have any and the chocolate made you work to get some it would taste great! But if you keep getting chocolate you're just going to feel sick.

I'm not saying don't make the first move, but good lord, don't just tell the person how much you like them - cause it will turn them off very quickly. You've "left it up to him"?? If he wanted to get with you he'd have gotten with you by now. BUT now you're just a backup plan to this person, or else he actually has to think about whether he wants to get with you, which is really shít cause it leaves you hanging...

You're right of course. I was just trying to point out- however badly- that there's a happy medium between leaving it all up to the other person to figure out how you feel about the, or just blurting it out to them. You don't want to be left looking stupid.
    That's my 2 cents anyway. Sorry if it's no help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Maybe shes doing her exams or is busy in some other way. Send her a happy new year text message on NYE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

or on crimbo day/midnight crimbo eve...
    that's my plan anyway:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Edit - ecksor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

I somewhat agree with all of you. The girl could have decided she liked him way to fast and too much so shes backed off a bit to make herself feel better. She coulda lost her phone. She could be finishing up finals and wraping school up. Or she could be with some other man meandering about her college town. When you don't know enough about the one your thinking of being with, it's hard to tell what's going on in her head. Give her a few days and if she's still not called you I would drop her, and go on about with another chicka!!

Good Luck
    ~DR~

Someone mentioned that she may have lost her phone. I pretty much doubt that as all my texts have been delivered and when I did ring it, it rang. Anyway the battery would have died and she'd probably have had it debarred by the network if that was the scenario.

To be honest, if she was busy with exams, or whatever. She could have easily sent a text to saying so, not just totally neglect any contact I tried to make.

I'm not going to bother trying to contact her again, as I don't want to be messed around until she decides that it’s time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

..decides that it's time to mess you round for real you mean? Drop her dude, and keep the fishing rod handy. Plenty more aquatic life out there as they say.

I meant I don’t want to be messed around. The until part meant that I wasn't going to wait until she decided it was time to contact me. She had her chance and she blew it.

Originally posted by vagrant..
    She had her chance and she blew it.

too fúcking right! well said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by MojoMaker
    Plenty more aquatic life out there as they say.
    "Troy McLure? I thought you said he was dead?"
    "No, what I said was that he ws sleeping with the fishes. Y'see..."
    "Tony, Tony, I'm eating here, c'mon!"
    :D

Just leave her. She doesn't want you to contact her, so you wait for her to contact you. If she doesn't then such is life, move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Yeah pretty much as everyone said. At the end of the day you have tried your best to get in touch so theres on blame on you. Balls in her court wait and see what happens m8 but in the mean time have a look around.

Also go Smiles with all the bans hehe funneh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

I would try not ponder to much on it if I were you. Sounds like she had to do her bit to get your no and that. I would leave her a voicemail in case she has lost her phone or something else happened, that way she can still access her messagebox. I would do that and leave it be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Errr, if she is refusing to answer your call then can't you just disable caller id and call her and see if she answers? If she's not answering an anonymous call then she's prob not avoiding you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by CodeMonkey
    Errr, if she is refusing to answer your call then can't you just disable caller id and call her and see if she answers? If she's not answering an anonymous call then she's prob not avoiding you.

Don't do that!!

If she answers and you have been ringing her loads of times it seems stalker. Maybe you came on too strong afterwards and she realised it was too much for her.

Don't do anything. Stop thinking about her and think about find another girl to have fun with. You're wasting your time worry about her.

Advertisement