Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance quote from Royal Sun and alliance

Options
  • 16-12-2003 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi here was a quote I got a couple of months ago:
    42 year old driver full license with royal sun alliance adding on a 17 year old provisional to the policy was quoted that it would be €800-1000.

Today I was quoted €2650 and nearly died when I heard it! Has anybody any advice on what insurance company would offer me a decent quote in these circumstances?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

17 year olds will be loaded no matter what the company try quinn direct but dont expect much

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As Mary says, shop around. The website seem to be providing the best value these days (low commission / overhead).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Some open driving policies can sometimes be cheaper, but they have changed a bit since I was on one, he might a full licence.

Might be worth looking into do.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Got a decent quote now from FBD:
    For the above is €1500 including both drivers. As I'm paying over €700 annually for just myself with royal sun and alliance this is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

ask quinndirect. They gave me my insurance cheep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 corracramph

Britton Insurance provided me with a very competitive quote.

Their website is www.brittoninsurance.com

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Well I got a quote from Britton Insurance of over 4800 euro.

Advertisement