Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP recognised ny universities? And info on Arts courses?

• 16-12-2003 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Ucd in partiular? Or are there other Arts degrees in other colleges that do accept the LCVP towards points for a course. I have 385 in total when i count the LCVp, just wondering what are my chances/options on getting an Arts course with that?

I think they offer 50, for the distinction which I have which would mean i have 365. Hmmmmmmmm, can anyone help me out here.
    Is it possible to rpt the leaving 3yrs after i done it, or could i get an interview for the Arts course?

Where can i find the points required for Arts in Ucd or other arts courses for last yr? The cao site doesnt seem to show them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It will depend on the particular set of rules they set up with the CAO. Certain organisations do accept the LCVP, e.g. the Garda.They **may** offer a benign regime to encourage LCVP students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Right i have 365 points assuming my LCVY distinction is worth 50.
    Do universities require a language in the Leaveing cert as an entrance requirement. I have German at pass level, and am not counting it in my points tally.

So my question is, is having done the language enough to satisfy the entrance requirement or do i have to include it in my counting of the totals.

Ps: Is there any chance i`d get a place in Arts in UCD nxt yr, with 365 while there points is flicking between 375/385 for the course. Even with an interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by rander00
    Right i have 365 points assuming my LCVY distinction is worth 50.
    Do universities require a language in the Leaveing cert as an entrance requirement. I have German at pass level, and am not counting it in my points tally.
    Traditionally they have the requirement, but i think you only need to pass, a friend did the entire 1st-6th year French in one year to get into UCC. You should check the individual prospectus for the college on exact requirements. I'm sure you guidance counsellor would have a copy or ask on www.ucd.ie.
    So my question is, is having done the language enough to satisfy the entrance requirement or do i have to include it in my counting of the totals.
    As best I know these requirements are separate, you just need to pass the language.
    Ps: Is there any chance i`d get a place in Arts in UCD nxt yr, with 365 while there points is flicking between 375/385 for the course. Even with an interview?
    No one knows, they don't have crystal balls. If youa re really interested in the course put it down as your first choice, if you don't have enough points in the end, you still have another 9(?) choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

I foned UCD admissions.
    I have the German as the language passed so thats all right.

Now its down to whether they`ll accept the LVVP as 70 or 50 pts. It was suppossed to change, and she wasnt fully sure if it had but she`ll find out for me.

Fingers crossed!!

Ps: Im trting to find articles/discussions on the topic of universities changing there rules to award the 70 pts. Anyone have any links?

Advertisement