Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 Player

• 17-12-2003 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

Has 64mbs of built in, an can take cards.....

Didnt get a good look as i dont stay in there long, *usually* their service an prices suck....but

An mp3 player for €88 seems pretty damned good to me?

In P.C. World (I kid u not), in liffey valley S.C.

Cant remember the exact brand but it was the F-40 model.
    (poss MP F-40?)

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

got a better one for you

Dixons in liffey valley have been selling a mp3 player for a while now

i got mine about a month ago for €99 price has gone down to €89 now
    its a great player for the price

Its a ministry of sound MP3/FM radio recorder and player

STATS

MP3/WMA compatible
    64MB Internal memory
    FM radio
    Built in microphone
    Voice recording in MP3 format
    Record from radio to MP3 format
    DSP sound effect-M Bass
    Repeat/Introduction/random play modes
    A-B looping feature
    Stereo earphones
    In-Line remote control
    Mini USB cable
    Carrying pouch
    Smart Media card slot

pic is attached

all in all its a great MP3 player and radio in one and well worth the money
    i would not be without mine now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by babyhack
    got a better one for you

Dixons in liffey valley have been selling a mp3 player for a while now
    O,M,G! That's the MOS one I got just before last Christmas! It wasn't anywhere to be found except the Ministry of Sound site. I got it when it was 1/3 off, but €89's a great price tbh (less than I paid anyway!) - It's UK£149 (€214) Wonder why it took so long to reach Dixons :confused:
    The only issue I have with it is that it doesn't have presets for stations :( other than that, it's super! :)

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Just a reminder
    DIXONS, CURRIES and PC WORLD are the same company so fake competition and they swap sepecials from other stores...

have a root around this site - despite the name they are in Celbridge - free postage to Ire/UK
    http://www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk/memory/mp3-player-gobeyond.asp
    http://www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk/special-offers.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Excuse me if i'm missing something(i'm a moron so i most likely am) but 64mb is kinda small for mp3 storage,i could understand maybe 500mb or something,am i missing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Yea, 64Mb is a bit on the small side alright.... go for 128Mb or even 256Mb - you'll get about 70 MP3 songs on a 256Mb player, which should be enough for any bus ride to work and back.. :)

Unless of course you want your entire music collection on the player - they you should go for one of the iPods from Apple. They come in a 40Gb version I think...

jayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by ronano
    Excuse me if i'm missing something(i'm a moron so i most likely am) but 64mb is kinda small for mp3 storage,i could understand maybe 500mb or something,am i missing it?
    They take SmartMedia cards to expand storage.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Just a quick note on the SmartMedia - the largest SmartMedia card available is 128Mb :( May not be enough to fit the entire music collection on the player :)

Advertisement