Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Broadband... any news ?

• 17-12-2003 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

So people.... anyone has any recent news about ESB broadband ?

I've heard they wouldn't sell broadband directly to customers but they would sell the lines to providers which would then sell to us.

Anyone knows about any roll out date ?

Thanks
    uteotw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i'd say after christmas, probably closer to februrary would be the earliest we could posssibly hope for. I know i might change.

Bring on the highspeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

northern loop due to go live by year end or jan at latest very few pops from carrick on shannon to letterkenny (3 or 4 i think manorhamilton.letterkenny and buncrana) southern loop is already lit an apparently has a couple of major customers (have you noticed the difference i don't see isps flocking to use the esb network) don't hold your breath for this to make any difference at all the roll out will be driven by eircom (and wireless possibly if they get their act together (digiweb i'm talking to you))
    whatever happoend to rthe western digital corridor anyway still unlit i beleive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i can't say i noticed any difference in my connection in the last few months, except taht recently its gotten a lot worse. Maybe my isp hasn;'t bought any more bandwidth. Ah well, hopefully that'll change soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

ESB has a wholesale backbone product. New pricing announced.

See http://www.enn.ie/frontpage/news-9384976.html

It is definitely not an end-user offering with prices between €50K and €400K per anum!

Advertisement