Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB - tech support say pre-pending, sales say active

• 17-12-2003 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Got the gear yesterday and tried connecting. All is well at the DSL level but my PPP authentication was failing. Rang tech supp and verified the username/password. He then said that the account hadn't been activated yet - it was pre-pending. He suggested I ring sales so I ring sales and they say it's active. I could well imagine their 'active' means that the application has been completed so I'm more inclined to side with tech supp since they'd have a more precise perspective. And, after all, the fact that I can't log in suggests that something remains to be done.

Tech supp said they'd send a 'chaser mail' to sales to investigate further but said I should try logging in again later on.

Anybody been here before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yep had to wait a whole w/e while my modem just there before it was fully 'activated' it's a pain in the ass:mad:!. Go with the tech guys they are not half bad when it comes to this kinda stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

So it's not just me that this has happened to? Were there explicit mentions of this pre-pending lark when you started off as well?

I'm a bit spooked by the fact that my phone number didn't show up in their system (Siebel ?). They did have my name, address and password info though.

Is it a matter of some kind of transfer from the sales/service application end of things to their live user database? Everything on the DSL side is fine and the line itself has been activated since the 15th (so their tech told me).

In the mean time, I'll just use the usage checking facility on their web site to see if/when my username/password is recognised.

Thanks for the words of encouragement OCG. Maybe things will change over the coming hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Just to bring closure on the matter my trouble are sorted and we're all up and running. Mailed customer care and sales at the same time yesterday, came in this morning and someone had picked up the gauntlet. Problem sorted by 5pm. Some sort of accounting glitch.

Looking forward to suprnova'ing from home ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

that glitch is popular, it took 2 days of calling sales (5minutes of ads per call :() to get it sorted

Advertisement