Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very impressed with Fusemail

Options
  • 17-12-2003 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Yep it seems streets ahead of Yahoo in functionality, storage space and spam-filtering.
    Check it out!
    www.Fusemail.com
    Free and ad-free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Just signed up now myself, its look good, IMAP and SMTP support (pity about the lack of POP3 though).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I wonder how long they'll be able to offer it for free if they don't use ads....
    Judging by the number of accounts on their main page they must still be in a startup phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Problems with the site at the moment.
    Not recognising my username.
    Bad timing as I've been using it to apply for jobs.

edit:
    Back up now. Only down for an hour or two, so not in itself too much of a black mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Yeah, considering that when Vodafone took over e-merge.ie and made users use vodafone.ie that a lot of people couldn't access their mail for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just signed up, very good but what's the max inbox size u can have???

i see it lets you send attachments of 50mb :O

• Advertisement

It says there is no limit on disk storage for their free plan in the plan comparison page. This seems too good to be true. (Not to mention too expensive for them to offer for nothing). The subscription service gives you a cap of 500MB. I vaguely remember the page I found a link to Fusemail on originally stating that their cap was 10 or 15 MB.

There is no way that they can hope to maintain that level of service for free without the introduction of advertising. They might be able to fund it in the short-term, but considering the amount of online advertising they're doing etc., they must be burning throught their budget.

Their domain is not being found now.
    There seems to be a few problems with the webmail service, but I can access my mail via Outlook ok.

edit:

later: well now the imap server is not responding, so I can't get at it via Outlook. That's going to be a major inconveneince. It automatically deletes all my messages from y exitsing Yahoo account. Don;t think I can stop it doing that without getting into the web site.

They're no longer offering it for free. Have to pay a subscription from April on to keep existing accounts. offers a discount for existing users.

Told you so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Hahahaha - ah well.

Advertisement