Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing a DVD RW???

• 17-12-2003 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Help - I want to buy a DVD Re-Writer (must be dual format) and have narrowed it down to the MSI DR4-A, an NEC ND-1300 or at a push (as I can get it cheap) an Optowrite 4x DVD+/-R DVD.

Not that fussed about speed, I just want it to be reliable and able to burn movies well. I've read good and bad things about all of the above so any pointers would be useful - any recommendations/horror stories?

System is a P41.8 with 768mb Ram, 80gb Hard drive running XP Pro.

Cheers,

Gatster.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

Here's a recent comparison of 8 units. The MSI and NEC units are covered which should help to make up your mind.

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.html?i=1932

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

I reccomend going for the
    pioneer a06 or 106 there both the same I have the Teac DV-w50d which is a rebranded pioneer, (only cause its black , but they have the A06 / 106 boxed and OEM)

it does exactly what it says on the tin!

i used overclockers.co.uk and was happy with my purchase!

also buy good media such as RITEK G-04 (orange) no problems for me and are well respected.

check www.burn247.co.uk

i spent ages decidin what to get and went for quality instead of speed and it does pay off.

btw if you need dvd case's give us a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Moved to tech. C'mon guys, read the charter, it only takes a second and makes everyone's life easier. Including yours, because it's more likely you'll get better help on the right forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Bought the Pioneer106 from Dabs.com/uk and it only cost €160.00 including shipping!

Advertisement