Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlock sim help please

Options
  • 17-12-2003 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Mobile phone help please!!!

I recently purchased a ready to go phone for my mum as she was heading to Australia for Christmas, the ass that sold me the phone assured me that the phone was unlocked and that it would take an Aussie ready to go sim.

It doesn’t!! it’s locked, how do I unlock it ?? I’ll need a fix that I can do over the phone as phone is down under.

Thx in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Call your operator and ask for the NAC code.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

what make and model is the phone? and what operator is it locked to (ie. was it an o2, vodafone or meteor phone you bought)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi
    it's locked to 086 its a EB-TX310 Allure Phone
    I'll try ringing 086 to get the NAC code, is there a piece of sowtware that can generate the code??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

hi,
    i was in oz for a year, came back last january. i had the same problem with my nokia. unfortunately, i could not find any easily accessible software which would do it.

i found a phone shop in bondi junction (bondi, sydney)
    and the guy did it for 50 bucks. only took 5 mins. and was able to use the phone when i returned home.

if the person is not in sydney, no sweat, try some of the local papers whereever they are. there are lots of ads for those sort of things.

also, it is illegal but who cares!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by laoisfan
    also, it is illegal but who cares!!
    Actually, it's not, but it may be in breach of your contract and/or terms of sale with the mobile operator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I have software for nokia phones but I've never even heard of this make, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

There was a thread here recently called "Unlocking" or something similar with an attachment for unlocking Nokias. Works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

is there anything similar to the calculator above for other makes, i have an old panasonic gd52 that wud b handy to have as a simfree fone.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    Actually, it's not, but it may be in breach of your contract and/or terms of sale with the mobile operator.

hee hee hee

let them take ME to court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by agent smith
    let them take ME to court
    They won't, but they may put you on a black list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

When you buy a prepaid handset how do they know who you are? You dont have to give over any ID (at least the only time I've bought one with a handset I didnt) or sign any contract. I'm not sure if the operators here lock contract ones too, but at least then you have to pay your contract for the minimum duration regardless of what you do with the handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

contract fones r sim-free. they no theyr getting their money off u for 12 months so theywont lose anything even f u dont run up any bills

Advertisement