Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email mozilla

Options
  • 17-12-2003 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I am getting an error when I try to send some emails. The message reads that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthost (#5.7.1) I am using mozilla 1.5.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What OS?
    Check your settings. Chances are you're attempting to send an email from a server that you're not allowed to relay from, eg if you're attempting to send mail through mail1.eircom.net from joesoap@vodafone.ie.

Most mail servers will only accept mail a) From their own domain (e.g. @eircom.net), and b) from hosts on their own network (e.g. when you're dialled up with eircom, you're on the eircom network).

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Have you got "spybot search and destroy" installed

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

Yes I have spybot installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Spybot S+D adds hundred of entries to your "hosts" file, locate it(think its in system32 folder). There will be a the original hosts file there renamed to hostsXXXXX.bak or something. You rename the backup file back to "hosts"

Sorry if this is unclear

Advertisement