Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zalman 7000a ALC - where?

Options
  • 17-12-2003 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I'll get a Zalman 7000a ALC in Dublin before xmas? Or will I just have to order it from the UK. Alternativelty whats the cheapest cooler I can stick on a 2500@3200xp with a not too loud fan?

Where would I get a 2.6B in Dublin before xmas at a decent price? oh and a cheap case thats not too naff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Well last I checked Maplins in Blanc had the Zalman flower cooler that should also do if you are not to picky, they have some cheap cases......but I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole!, get one of the €90 ones with windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

They have a decent looking Aluminum one for €99. No PSU though. Already have a Flower in another PC. The 7000a looks a better bit of kit.

Well then there is always HiTiDE.ie but I don't know wheter you will get anything by x-mas.....try I suppose, unless jow is reading and can comment on delivery times?.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

overclockers have it you'll get it in two days.

well that's how long it took them to send my cnps7000-cu out last week

piss easy to fit they are

but the pictures of them on their site don't do it any justice the cooler is ****ing massive compared to the piccy still worth it though

brought my idle temps down to 32 from 40 (used stock intel fan before)
    and i've never seen it go over 55 yet

Is that on normal or on 'silent' cause Zalman fans in a real quiet rig, on normal, sound like engines*.

*overstatement, not quiet anyway :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's on normal mate but i have loud LED fans in my case so i don't hear the cpu fan

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    it's on normal mate but i have loud LED fans in my case so i don't hear the cpu fan

SORRY WHAT WAS THAT? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Well then there is always HiTiDE.ie but I don't know wheter you will get anything by x-mas.....try I suppose, unless jow is reading and can comment on delivery times?.
    Hi,

I depends on your prefered payment...

The cooler is in stock, if you pay with bank transfer and you have an AIB account we deliver the same day or you can sent a cheque (it is cashed in most of the times the same day.....).

Unfortunately we a re closing for x-mas. So our last delivery time (outgoing) will be 23.12.03 around noon.

Send me a mail if you want more details....

By the way: This thing _IS_ heavy..... wow I am impressed... ;)

jow

Originally posted by jow
    Hi,

I depends on your prefered payment...

The cooler is in stock, if you pay with bank transfer and you have an AIB account we deliver the same day or you can sent a cheque (it is cashed in most of the times the same day.....).

Unfortunately we a re closing for x-mas. So our last delivery time (outgoing) will be 23.12.03 around noon.

Send me a mail if you want more details....

By the way: This thing _IS_ heavy..... wow I am impressed... ;)

jow

Does the Zalman 7000a ALC come with P4 and socket A fittings?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Does the Zalman 7000a ALC come with P4 and socket A fittings?
    Yes:
    Sockets 478 (P4); Socket 754 (Athlon64); Socket A (Athlon, Duron)

Regards,
    jow

• Advertisement
Advertisement