Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable in Cork!

Options
  • 14-01-2000 5:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Anyone get The Echo yesterday? Page 6 there was a write up about Irish multi-channel setting up cable that will link Cork, Mallow, Charleville. Kilmallock, Limerick, Shannon and Ennis. Says that "110km of underground optical fibre cable will be laid out in April and completed within 12 months". And more quotes "Irish multi-channel will launch its network in April when it will open to customers. This system is to be installed in all areas where Irish mullti-channel operates-which is most regions apart from Dublin, Galway and Waterford." I'll be giving these guys a ring tommorow to see what exactly is the story. Well if true maybe then we can finally go into Brit. turf and take care of those Lpbs. smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have to say 110km of cable is not an awful lot
    specially if ou have to share it all over munster.
    and yis would only use it for your doggie pr0n anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

most of dublin is already using underground fiber optic.. sure they need reasons to dig up the streets.
    and somehow i doubt it'll be going to your house so it wont affect your ping

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Why the hell are Multi-Channel advertising like lunatics on Today FM if they don't service Dublin. Their add this morning said you get free Cable Net access. Worth investigating.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

'WAN ENNIS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

- ENSIGN - wtf?!

-=20-40=-
    http://www.gibworld.com/2040

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

post gone bad
    -=20-40=-
    2040 Quake|2040 Home

[This message has been edited by 2040 (edited 14-01-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

yeah lads .. rite, ole multi is gonna give us free acces to cable.... me **** they are..... they gonna screw all as usual smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I have fibre-optic cable going past my door and i can't get connected to it for any amount of money.

I mean there's a juntion about 6ft from where i'm sitting so they wouln't even have to install one.

I live in Cork btw.

[This message has been edited by Blitzkrieger (edited 14-01-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Anybody see that little article in todays Irish Times Business section? Some crowd are going to spend £15m setting up a high speed ISP in Cork.
    I think it's something to do with fibre optics too...

coz today FM is country wide. gives the culchies a taste of 'da shmoke'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

eircom has well over 60,000km of fibre optic cable around the country, why arent we seeing any of it?

coz its underground?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

ROTFLFLMFAO

Advertisement