Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just signed up for Eircom

• 17-12-2003 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey i just sighned up for Eircom BB there self install. Well does anyone else out there have it? Or should i say does anyone have any problems with Eircom BB?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

yea i have it, you'll be well pleased with it. The cap is a bit restrictive but

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Originally posted by ando
    yea i have it, you'll be well pleased with it. The cap is a bit restrictive but

That cap must be awful! It cut him off mid-post! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

I dont know, id love to know yet ive been waiting since the 13th of november for them to turn my line on.

apparently "system issues" are to blame and i wont be getting it untill the new year.

Oh i was also told that they are extending the offer untill feburary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by jimmeh
    Oh i was also told that they are extending the offer untill feburary.

Yay! I have to get a new line installed and everything before it, so i can't afford it until then-ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by gazmond141014
    Hey i just sighned up for Eircom BB there self install. Well does anyone else out there have it? Or should i say does anyone have any problems with Eircom BB?
    Did you chose eircom, or did you just go with them by default?

(I'm not quibbling with your choice - I'd seriously consider choosing eircom over IOL and UTV just to get a decent modem, I just wondered what lead you to go with eircom?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭gazmond141014

To be totally honest a rep called me and said she would be in the area if i would like to see a demo of it so i said sure. the deal seem to be very good compared to the rest plus if there is any problem its easy enough to get eircom to fix it cause they are nationwide but esat and utv wouldnt be as widely availible!! I have been wanting to get it for a while and bit of an impulse the contract was thrown on my lap so i signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

if there is any problem its easy enough to get eircom to fix it cause they are nationwide but esat and utv wouldnt be as widely availible!!
    The mind boggles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

got the eircom deal myslef, very pleased with it. Very easy to set up with there ethernet modem(from a Linux point of view)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

Also from a router point of view the Eircom modem is the best choice. The connection seems to be very reliable at our exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Hey i just sighned up for Eircom BB there self install.

And that was your first mistake:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭esentziak

Installed mine last week-end.
    Easy to install; had one problem where laptop did not seem to recognise the ethernet cable but posted a question on the IT section of Ask About Money board and somebody replied and got problem sorted.

After reading previous posts, I got the impression that the modem supplied by Eircom was better then Esat's.

You can plug two computers into the Eircom modem: one with USB and one with ethernet cable and use two computers at the same time for internet access.

I chose Eircom, even though you get a bigger cap with Esat, because again I got the impression that it would be quicker to get it installed with them.

Only problem with self-install is you have to pay to phone the helpline: I think about 70 cents a minute, minimum 6.50, which is quite high. But you cannot have everything!

good luck with your install.
    Esentziak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Originally posted by esentziak
    Only problem with self-install is you have to pay to phone the helpline: I think about 70 cents a minute, minimum 6.50, which is quite high.

Forget that. Search, then post, here if you have a problem - your question has probably been asked and answered already, and if not, there are plenty of people around who can help.

P.S. Meant to say:
    Originally posted by MarkR
    That cap must be awful! It cut him off mid-post! :D

LOL!!! Excellent, Mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by MarkR

It cut him off mid-post! :D

yeah, its a bit€h when that happens ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

the deal seem to be very good compared to the rest

eircom are €5 more expensive per month and have 1/2 the size download cap of esat

Advertisement