Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty Drive

• 17-12-2003 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I bought a new pc a couple of weeks ago and there is a spare slot for another cd drive. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a drive to fill it with? By the way the other drive is DVD and CD recorder.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

if you have a DVD & CD-RW combo drive then the only other one is a DVD writer drive...

thanks joe......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭gazmond141014

ya but i have dvd rewriter. whats the point in getting another??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

well you don't really need one then. If you like you could get a dvd drive, if you wante to extend the life on your dvd recorder drive by using the other one for non burning purposes! :) Alternatively you can get somehting to fit the drive bay, such as a hard drive cooler, temp monitors etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭gazmond141014

Yes i like the idea of getting something that may spped the pc up or even run smoother. Probaly best to go with the dvd drive as you said extend the life of the recorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

you can pick up a dvd drive for 39 euro no prob. you can get one from komplett, elara or from a local computer shop (but be warned, buying from a shop is about 95% of the time more expensive than online!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement