Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Wireless Headphones

• 17-12-2003 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

LIDL sure are getting plenty of publicity on the boards at the moment :)

I was looking at the wireless headphones on the site

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20031218.p.Headphones

They look good value. I saw similarly priced Sony ones but they only had 7 meters range whereas these have 100.

I was just windering though if they could be used with a laptop through the speaker port? I was getting them for a friend whos music system is his laptop.

I know they mightnt suit the style concious but has anybody had experience with them or anything similar?

On a side question: Has LIDL opened in Enniscorthy yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

yeah I suspect they come with an aerial that plugs into the sound card on the Pc.... hope so anyway cause I'm getting them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

pricy for some unknown make, thing you can get philips ones for around 35 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

their not bad, I got them this morning. There's a small black oval aerial that plugs into the back of the pc. Sound quality is acceptable and it works ok. I look like a complete arse walking round the office but hey, thats the price you have to pay to have mobile sounds :D

BTW, I think its better if I get rechargeable batteries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Picked up a black pair this afternoon myself. Bought them as a present so I've been good and not opened them :)

Thay had loads in new ross today about 12:30 if anybody wants to get some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Got one last time they were on sale (bout 10 months ago).

There were rechargable batteries already in mine and a connector to recharge it from the main unit which has a psu.

I cut the dc plug off the transformer and put it inside my pc case powering the base from the pc power supply using the plug.

Batteries dont last very long though (about 6 hours I think) and sound is ok - but there is a very slight hiss sometimes during quiet sound times.

Just ok - these are analogue - I think a digital version if they didnt require tuning would be better. Maplins sold digital ones for about 45 euros.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They have rechargables - (hint are the batteries yellow ?)
    RTFM - there is a little jack lead to recharge them from the transmitter
    you might want to get another set of batteries as the first charge is 24 hours and it's 10 hours after that.

you could get NiMH batteries - last longer - and get one of the €20 chargers - charge faster - range wise - back of house to end of front garden - don't forget the little rod to put the aerial wire into. - looks like a quarter wave monopole? - you could engineer a more efficient aerial to get wider coverage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ando
    BTW, I think its better if I get rechargeable batteries
    Probably. Get yourself back to lidl and see if they have the charger and 8 1000mA batteries for 19.99 left in stock (got me one today in Limerick)

edit: like Capt'n Midnight already said:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by sceptre
    Probably. Get yourself back to lidl and see if they have the charger and 8 1000mA batteries for 19.99 left in stock (got me one today in Limerick)

edit: like Capt'n Midnight already said:)

The headphones take the tiny AAA rechargable batteries (batteries and charger are included).

Nb: Maplin are selling the same Lidl AA charger with 4 batteries for 14 euros (not as good a deal - but not everyone needs 8 AA batteries)

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Should have made it clear that while the charger will fast charge AAA's NiMH's it don't come with them - now where do you get cheap NiMH AAA's ?
    or a case mod to take the AA's (keep you going for the whole weekend..)

Advertisement