Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ice communincations?

• 17-12-2003 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

hey,
    any1 ever heard of ice communications offering wireless broadband?
    think they're only out here in ashbourne/meath at the mo, but if any1 here is in ash and /or has tried ice, please let me know how the service is and what download speeds u regularly get

cheers
    ¬hacksaw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭DavidByrne1969

Hi..

I am also curious about this service as I am considering getting it. According to a local paper here in Ratoath, County Meath Eircom have bypassed the town due to lack of interest, according to the article BB will not be available in Ratoath for up to 18 months. I have rang Eircom but I couldn't get a straight answer, jokers.
    I will be going with Ice BB in Jan as I have no choice but it would be nice to hear from someone with experience with their service.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hacksaw-eddie

jeez ma, i feel ur pain!
    i remember over 15 months ago i asked eircom when they'd be updating the ashbourne exchange and they said probably in next cpl months!
    yeah right..took the lazy sons of b^tches another year to get their fat holes out here.
    it just goes to show how much they really think of us, wouldnt give that eircom my money even if they didnt have that ridiculous 4 meg cap a month.
    (which is insanely slow in my own personal beleif especially as ur paying about €55 or whatever a month for it!!):confused:

back to ice..one thing that does sound good is they're 20:1 contention compared to eircom's 50:1, dunno what contention i hav here on utv clicksilver, any1 know??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭DavidByrne1969

As far as I know Eircom have a contention of 24:1, most are the same for residential customers.

Eircom are a shower of wasters, I will be giving Ice a go as I want BB sooner rather than later, all my mates have it and they are blown each other to bits playing games, I wanna kill them..

have a nice xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

48:1 for all IOL ESAT eircon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

i hav here on utv clicksilver, any1 know??

As last poster said, contention on all fixed line residential dsl products atm is at 48:1 (which includes UTV) and 24:1 on business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement