Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basset Hound / Collie cross problems

• 17-12-2003 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

We got a new dog, he's a basset hound / collie cross and he's getting sick alot, the vet isn't sure what is wrong with him, he's been examined and even had an x-ray because there can be problems with the size of his throat being larger than his stomach and causing him to be sick, but results are unclear.

Anyone else have any problems with similar dogs?

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Many Veterinarians recommend raised dining stations for dogs both young and old ~ based on proven health benefits. Raised dining also helps reduce gulping behavior that can result in serious gastral problems. A correctly elevated level relieves stress on joints, muscles and spine because your dog stands straight and relaxed while drinking and dining.

feeding him from a height now anyway too.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Just for ye to see:
    1687outside.jpg

1687inside.jpg

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Cute dog :)

My dog is always eating everything (wood, plastic, socks). One time he was getting sick alot for no reason it seemed but we brought him to the vet and he said to starve him and let the blockage pass through his system. We starved him for a day, from the morning til around 8 pm, and after his walk we gave him food and he was back to normal.

Dunno if its the same problem. Hope your dog gets better :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Sorry to hear about your pups problems Fio. Are there anymore pups from the litter you got this one from. Maybe you can contact another one of pups caretakers and see if they are having the same problems. If it is breed related and happening in all the other pups then I would think a vet could treat the entire lot of them. If it's not going on in all the other puppies then I would try another vet maybe an older one with lots more experience, if the first vet couldn't figure it out.

It is a terribly cute puppy. I hope you get him sorted.
    ~DR~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 R Palmer

Just wondering how this wee dog is getting along...

• Advertisement
Advertisement