Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with javascript links

Options
  • 17-12-2003 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with this. I'm using IE6 on Windows XP Home Edition and I have a problem when viewing websites with javascript links. If I click on an item which has a javascript link to jump to another page, a picture for example, nothing happens, I just get a "Done" message in the bottom left corner but the original page remains and no new page is opened. Any ideas what settings I need to change to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Maybe restore the defaults in Tools->options 'advanced tab' window might work..
    Always good idea to start there

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've just tried it and unfortunately it hasn't made any difference, but thanks for the suggestion.

If anyone can think of anything else I should try I'd really appreciate it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

try repair / re-install IE6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭usualsuspect

Can you give an example of a page/link on which this happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Maybe the links open in a new window and you have disabled popups? There's more than one way of doing that. Do you have the google bar installed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I can't think of a particular page at the moment, but if I come across it again I'll post it.

I don't have the google bar installed, however I do have a filter for pop-ups installed. However, I only installed that relatively recently and I've been having this problem for a while.

Advertisement