Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lir Reunion Show -whelans - 12/27!

Options
  • 18-12-2003 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Last minute gig in Ireland added. Reunion of the super group, LIR!
    Don't miss it. Going to be an amazing night.

LIR Reunion Show!
    Saturday, December 27th
    Whelan's in Dublin
    25 Wexford St.,
    Dublin 2, Ireland

Phone/Fax +353 (0) 1 478 0766

colm quearney on guitar, ronan byrne on the other one, dave mcguinness singing and bobby malone on the bass, maybe hutchie hutchinson on drums and david hopkins is flying over from the US to man the keys!

Reggae Stars "King Sativa" will be opening the evening. ?15
    http://www.whelanslive.com

just some of lir's old press:
    Lir are Dublin's new heavyweight contenders" - Creem Magazine

"Fresh, melodic and charismatic, Lir has reinvented rock" - GQ

"an imaginative new band... if you still believe in bands with melody and heart, whatever you do, try to catch Lir..." - Boston Globe, 06/94

"Magico Magico!.... this album lives up to it's title. Pleasant songs, strong melodies, thoughtful lyrics, and a charming voice to tie it all together. How can it go wrong?" - Alternative Press, 08/94

"there's no band quite like Lir... and when you consider that the band are only in their early twenties it hardly seems likely that any other band will catch up."
    - kevin courtney - Irish Times

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lirfan

A letter from sodium light baby

Dear god, my name is sodiumlightbaby. I am a big ****e. I am a critical bollix, due to the misery I have in this life. Also, my misery makes me boring. I think sometimes I am witty and edgy, but actually, I am bland like a wet ****e on a GAA field. Christ, please don't put me beside someone like myself when I get to heaven....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

christ i can think of nothing worse......

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭m

a man to man combat between the two of you`s ?

whoose gonna chicken out first ?!

i'm not into fighting, too sore, too much physical activity. It's a battle of wits and words. I am far superior plus I possess a cunning that MR. what's his bollix Cure fan could not even dream about. and I'm a real prick!!! ww)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Originally posted by lirfan
    i'm not into fighting, too sore, too much physical activity. It's a battle of wits and words. I am far superior plus I possess a cunning that MR. what's his bollix Cure fan could not even dream about. and I'm a real prick!!! ww)

Hey,

you've really hurt me..your acerbic wit really astounds me .... .i'm so upset.....

Now instead of pretending that your band of 90's failed musicians actually have a fan other than the drummers mother, why dont you just be honest and admit you are in the band and promote your gig in the normal way..

And if it's not so, why dont you admit that you are the drummers mother...

cheerio and hopefully Santy will bring you a personality for christmas

• Advertisement

ok, I'm the trombonist for the band. Please come and see my band of failed musicians play at Whelan's. And maybe we can all chip in and buy sodiumlightbaby some new mascara and black lipstick for xmas.

Llllllllllove Cats! Doo dood doo doo doo doo...

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

gonna bark all day little doggies or are you`s gonna bite ?!

i think soduim is way ahead on insults at the moment...........:ninja:

Advertisement