Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i have a modded xbox

Options
  • 18-12-2003 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

what do i do with it, im not sure what chip it is, and can someone here that knows tell me, do i have to connect to the xbox via my pc's network card, to transfer files over or is there another way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    what do i do with it, im not sure what chip it is, and can someone here that knows tell me, do i have to connect to the xbox via my pc's network card, to transfer files over or is there another way?

Where to begin??

I reckon get onto
    www.xbox-scene.com

and get reading...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

yep xbox scene is the only place to go :) get xbox media player along with the emulators - usually gotten of xbins on irc - infos on xbox scene anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Do you have a DVD Burner ?

If so, you can "backup" games.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Down with that sort of thing.

careful now.... ;)

Well - you wouldn't want to scratch you main disc after paying 60 quid for it - that's where a backup comes in.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

well u cant backup the xbox games just by sticking it into a dvd burner and choose copy. there's other ways

Well Duh !!

I know that - I'm saying that because he has a modded xbox

You put the disc in the XBox and connect it ot your PC via an ehternet cable. The you run an FP Server on the modded xbox and ftp to it and pull the data off the XBox disc to your PC, then you trim it down (If it's more than 4.7 GB) and burn it to DVD

The chip allows unsigned discs to run on the XBox (and does some other exe patching on the fly)

I have a question though - why does wild_eyed have a modded XBox if (s)he doesn't know what the hell its for ????

I dunno, he is after starting posts about it. i think it's not even his. Not sure about that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Upon further reflection this has nothing to do with this forum moved to games.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

its not mine but i sure am having loads of fun with it. got that new n64 emulator called surreal, it's playing n64 games better than my pc with sweet f**k all configuration.

• Advertisement

there's lots more to be done with a modded xbox :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

name a few thing s besides emu's

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

was thinkin of getting mine chipped this weekend. YOu guy;s saying it's not worth my while if I don't connect it to a PC for all the burning stuff?

the main other thing would be the media player - so you can play divx etc on the xbox - works a treat with the remote :)

Nige

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

whats the best place (and cheapest) to get it chipped for all of the above??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

if you want to wait a month then i can chip it,I'm not chipping at moment due to house renovations.. pm me for more info.

i'm in clonskeagh - drop me a pm if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

anyone in waterford chipping ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

I have my Xbox chipped with an Executer 2. Its an old chip now and it took a bit of soldering. There are solder free ones available which I would recommend. I bought mine to play NTSC games which is the biggest advantage in my opinion. No more waiting 7 or 8 months for a release. I also picked up NFL Blitz which wasn't released in PAL regions. My Xbox also functions as a region free DVD player which is excellent. So all in all its a worth while purchase. I don't bother with copying, as I don't need to and a DVD burner costs a fortune, as do blank DVD's.

A word of warning! Get a mod chip that can be switched on and off if you ever plan on playing Xbox Live. The MS servers scan for the default bios, and if it doesn't find it (i.e. a mod chip bios is in its place) then that Xbox is banned based on the NIC number. So if you want an XBL game, don't buy the NTSC version. You will have to wait for the PAL release version that doesn't require the mod chip to be enabled, otherwise you'll get banned. So modding with the intention of using games on XBL will not work.

you could mod the xbox - and change the eeprom over to ntsc - might work on live without the chip on - never tried it - i don't have any ntsc games or live :D

btw s8n your pm box is full

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

is ripping xbox games to a harddrive hard and do most games work without any issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

I'm running a xodus chameleon chip with m7 bios, evox dash with axel90 skin, i have the hard-drive loader for games, boxplorer for an easy way to brose files, playstation emulator, mame,snes, sega md, 64 and i also have xbmp for playing divx movies. xodus have since teamed up with another company so now they have the ozxodus chip...which i will buy. I installed all of the above myself and if I can do it so can you. Oh ftp the easiest way to transfere your files across but you can also make a boxplorer boot disk with the files you wish to transfere on it.

newbie question

this may sound stupid but can you just but the game into the xbox drive and just copy to xbox hard drive using DVDXcopy and HDDloader or is the only way to do it is through ftp

buying this xbox next week from england whats your opinion

X-Ecuter 2.3b Pro Modified XBOX 358 euros

These are pre-modified authentic PAL Microsoft Xbox (TM) gaming consoles. The units are brand new, and the original box, leads, one 'S' contoller and instruction manuals are included. All models come fitted with a switch to disable the modchip when playing on Xbox Live. If you specify a Samsung DVD Drive the XBOX will be able to read some brand of CDR. Both the Phillips & the Samsung can read CDRW/DVDR/DVDRW. These are ready to go straight out of the box just plug & play.

Halo & Midtown Madness Limited Edition bundles all SOLD OUT

Modchip Features :

Mod Disable Switch for XBOX LIVE
    Pre-Flashed with the Latest X-Ecuter2 4981.06 BIOS
    BIOS Protection switch - Wont allow BIOS update when enabled
    Capacity to hold maximum of 4 BIOS's 256k in size or 2 x 512k or 1 x 1024k
    BIOS Toggle Switch - Switch between your 1/2/3/4 loaded BIOS's
    External Adaptor so BIOS can be flashed via PC Parallel Cable (DB25)
    Green/Red LED on external switch bank to indicate mod enabled
    Preloaded Software :
    Evo-X Dashboard (Latest Version)
    BoXplorer Hard Drive Browser - Move,copy & delete files
    DVD2XBOX v04.2 - Rip DVD Movies to Hard Drive
    DVDX2 - Region Free, Macrovision Free DVD Player (No Need for remote kit)
    HDDLoader V1.2a - Rips XBOX Games to hard drive
    VideoMode Selector - Allows to change between PAL -> NTSC modes
    XBOX Media Player V2.4 - divX, mpeg, avi, svcd, vcd, mp3, jpeg + lots more
    XBWatch - Sets XBOX internal clock when networked
    Yamp V0.61 - Yet another media player for mp3, divX etc
    ConfigMagic Final - Change your XBOX Identity should you get banned from LIVE
    MAME, SNES, DGen, FBAlpha & N64 emulators

you fire up the dvd2xbox app(ignore hddloader dvd2xbox is the best app) and follow the menu from there - if put in a directory that evox(the alternate dashboard) recognises such as f:\games then when the copy is done and you reboot you'll have an extra game in the games menu.

358 seams a bit much considering that you can buy the package for 210 then the chip is about 50 and install should be 40 or so. a cheaper chip could have you all done at 270

Nige

just what i needed to know thanx :D:D:D

Advertisement