Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divx DVD Player - Where to get ?

Options
  • 18-12-2003 4:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Was looking at this selection of Divx DVD players from pixmania

I'm looking for something that plays the following :
    DVD, DivX(all versions), Xvid, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R, CD-R/RW, VCD, SVCD, MPEG4, MP3, CD JPEG plus Ogg Vorbis as well as playing MP3 DVDs.

ie... play divx from DVD+-R discs and CDR discs

Is there anywhere else that sells them ?
    (If not european, maybe some USA site as euro currency is strong at moment :)..)

(None of the sites in the sticky thread sells them !)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

screw all that mate-
    you need a modded xbox, you can play all that and do so much more, they play all media, you can store files on the harddrive, you can adjust the video shape to suit the screen, you can adjust the audio to match with the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

I got the Kiss DP450 a while back. It plays all physical formats of DVD and CD, and is now up to DivX 5. They release firmware updates now and again. Last one was to allow FF of DivX. The unit is a little temperamental with cheap DVD-R and sometimes refuses to play. Also needs restarting occasionally to allow it to clear internal confusion.

The DP500 is the same unit with Ethernet connection. You can connect your PC or network and play DivX without cutting to media. As far as I have found, it supports all of your wish list of file types.

The DP1000 is fairly new and looks nice, and has similar function to the DP500, but smaller.

I got mine at Scan in the UK: http://www.scan.co.uk/stores/kiss/kissoffers.htm

Do you know anything about the Sigmatek unit? It's new to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

sometimes maplins stock these players...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I have an ex-demo DP500 in the shop id let go at a good price if you are interested.

its works really sweet, but Id like to replace it with a 558 as a demo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Obviously the thread starter has first dibs but I would be interested in that DP500. PM me some details.
    Where is the shop btw?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Go ahead milltown, i think i'll just put a pc hooked up to the tv for viewing rather than splashing out on a player :)

Advertisement