Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ABS or not

Options
  • 18-12-2003 7:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Had a nasty experience yesterday.My 93 Mits went walkabout when I braked sharply.Decided ABS should solve this in my next car, but how do you tell if its installed on a used model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Slam on the brakes from about 30 and you'll know, you may even feel it pulse through the brake pedal.

Personally I hate it, I find it cuts in way too early due to my driving style.
    Although I'm sure it has saved millions of people all over the world at some point or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

pretty easy, can be a shock if you aren't expecting it.
    Take the car up to say 30 (in a safe area!!!), brake heavily, you'll feel the brake pedal tapping away under your foot.

Advertisement