Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank DVDs in Peats

• 18-12-2003 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Just a quick word of warning to anyone thinking of buying the blank DVDs in Peats. They used to sell the 4 speed Yellow topped Datawrites for 29 quid for 25 discs.

Now they've changed to some brand called QP which they sell at the same price and the discs say they're 4 speed. However, after multiple burnings and use of many different programs the QP discs will not burn at anything faster than 2 speed. They also seem lighter and cheaper than the Datawrites (eventhough the datawrites themselves are supposed to be cheap media!) Oh and the QP website printed on the discs just goes to a holding site!

They burn fine though and seem to work. One has given me an error at 100% but it works fine in my player so not that concerned.

I'm using an LG 4040B burner and a combo of Nero 6 and CloneDVD depending on how the mood takes me!

Anyone got them to burn at 4 speed please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

No i have had the same problems 2x is grand but 4x no way...

Even though they are recognised as 4x by software as max write speed...You can only burn at 2x..:mad:

Advertisement