Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lidl - DVD Player with Monitor for your Car!

Options
  • 18-12-2003 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

I orginally posted this in Bargins but was wondering if anyone has any advice or expericence of having a DVD player in your car.

Will it make it a better target for theft?
    Too awkward for real use?
    Etc. General feedback and opinions please.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pag....20031222.p.DVD

Ideal companion for long journeys!
    Compatible with DVD-Video, SVCD, CD-Audio, CD-R/RW, VCD, JPG, MP3
    With TV tuner
    220 degree rotating 6.4" TFT display
    Dolby Digital (AC-3), Audio output
    Dolby Digital (AC-3), Stereo Down mix output
    Dolby DIgital (AC-3), Audio Decoder (2 channel)
    NTSC/PAL video output
    DVD with zoom function
    Brightness, colour and contrast control
    Built-in loudspeaker (stereo)
    Colour: silver with black lens
    Accessories: remote control, 12V car adapter
    3 year guarantee, Price per item

Cost: €299

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Are they too distracting?

You ****ing muppet, I hope you crash and die. Getting a dvd player to watch whilst driving is the absolutely the height of irresponsibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Discovering

If you would kindly look at the product I am talking about it does more than play DVD's.

It also plays................music!

But I assume this type of unit is harder to use that a standard car head unit because of the screen.

I understand that this was my fault for this 'mis-understanding'

I did not think there was anyone our there 'foolish enough' to interpret what I said to mean watching a DVD while driving.

Thanks for pointing that out oh wise one and for not jumping to conclusions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I dunno about these in car Dvd players. I wouldn’t mind one in my car but, when are you suppose to use the thing? I don't go on long journeys, I don't have any kids. The only time I could see that this could possibly be used is at a modified car meet up where you show it off, or on Pierse St when its bumper to bumper, you could watch a bit of TV to pass the time, but I'd never watch a film. Imagine looking out your window and seeing your neighbour sitting in his car watching a film with the popcorn and coke :eek: :rolleyes: :pwhat a weirdo !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Well on 3 seperate occasions I've seen people behind the wheel of a car looking at in car tv screens so tbh I wouldn't be surprised.

Fair nuff, if you are purchasing with the intention of using it as a fancy music player. I stand corrected and humbly apologise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Discovering

[CrimsonGhost] It would play mp3's when driving and the DVD player as a novelty feature.

I love my toys. :D

So any more feedback on what they are like?

• Advertisement
Advertisement