Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dvd drive says no!

Options
  • 18-12-2003 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Using a Samsung DVD Rom drive 616T . Its region is reading on region 1, (not an american purchase) It set itsself to region one when i reformatted xp, when i go into change the region back to region 2, it says i have one chance to change the region. When i change it to region 2, an error message comes up saying "unable to change region ,make sure drive has region 2 media and you have admin rights" Well the drive is currently empty and I am the admin of the pc. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by magick
    "unable to change region ,make sure drive has region 2 media and you have admin rights" Well the drive is currently empty and I am the admin of the pc. Any ideas?
    Try putting in a R2 DVD...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by seamus
    Try putting in a R2 DVD...
    :D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You could also try a firmware update, can be tricky sometimes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I wouldn't worry about what windows says the drive is, what dvd playing software are you using?
    Depending on the aoo your using alot of the time it'll allow you to get around anything windows sets with regards to region coding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Put region 2 dvd into the pc, its able to read the files but the DVD software Power DVD 5, flat out refuses to play it, I click on to play it, then the play option fades out so i cant click on it, the same happens with the Menu for power dvd 5.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Try Media Player Classic aka Quicktime Alternative
    you can find it on the old Kazaa-Lite site or do a search on google
    its a excellent media player and its also plays dvd's

I've found problems with Power DVD in the past.

Advertisement