Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops; Packard Bell or Dell

• 18-12-2003 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Am currently buying a laptop, have my chioce down to two, the Packard Bell Easynote K5285 and the Dell 5150, both have pretty much identical spec. Any one thoughts on either laptop, or better still, both?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Dell all the way, stay away from PB they stink........

joe...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭bla

i agree stay as far away from pb they will break your heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

agreed - i have nothing good to say about packard bell, unlike the other packard (hewlett) (no relation). If it really is a straight choice between those two go with dell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Try acer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

i got the dell 5150.. its a great laptop... stay away from PB.. i had one of their desktops... it wasnt great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

aye i second that, I had a PC from PB and it gave me constant trouble... was always crashing and messing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

true, stay away from PB, i worked as a technician in w well known PC retailer for a year and a half, and i nearly cried everytime they launched a new model.....

also worked with two businesses that delt exclusively with Dell and I would recommend taking out an extended waranty with them, after a few years, if things go wrong, they go really wrong (laptops that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Just in case you missed the posts above - stay away from pb!!! :).

That said have a look at acer as well as dell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Posting on an Acer laptop right now, they really are Ace(r)...:rolleyes:

Agree with the previous PB comments. I wouldn't buy another PB if they were the only PC manufacturer left, and owning a PC was compulsory.

Advertisement