Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU backpedals!

Options
  • 18-12-2003 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

Agghhhhhhh They caved!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

...I dunno what to say really, they should have been bolder. Should we all boycott travel to the USA...?

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was going to head over there before they implemented fingerprinting and the like, but there isn't a hope now. Rummy can sock my cuck.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'll go, but only If I can pay in cash the day before, go unshaven for a week, sweat profusely and act like I have the jitters. I will also order halal food, wear comfortable clothes, have no checkable luggage, but fill my flight bag with food and water.

I demand my money's worth!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭earwicker

I've given up even bothering about thinking of (so to speak :D) going to the US. The hassle is simply not worth it.

But it also seems that nothing will deter some people from going. I suppose it's the corollary of the current erosion of American citizens' rights under the Patriot Acts (truly scary pieces of legislation). The Land of the Free. Funny, really if it weren't so sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by Victor
    I'll go, but only If I can pay in cash the day before, go unshaven for a week, sweat profusely and act like I have the jitters. I will also order halal food, wear comfortable clothes, have no checkable luggage, but fill my flight bag with food and water.

I demand my money's worth!!!!

I was going to start requesting halal when I noticed two people getting their kosher meal well before anyone else. I can't stand kosher though.
    But I get enough questions going through immigration here, then there...then customs...then the newly formed TSA (who seem to know alot more about me than the info in the article by the questions they asK).
    So screw it, I'm relegated to the typical beef/chicken or fish like all the other plebs.
    I'm just waiting to get on that no fly list.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by sovtek
    I'm just waiting to get on that no fly list.
    Which one? There's at least two of them. :)

adam

Originally posted by mike65
    ...I dunno what to say really, they should have been bolder. Should we all boycott travel to the USA...?

Mike.

Yes I wonder what "our" (American) illustrious travel industry will do when they start noticing less and less coming from Europe (to spend their ever increasingly stronger currency)... make some more cheesy and embarrassing commercials?

EXTERIOR:
    A beautiful sunset is the backdrop for a Jumbo Jet and several attractive flight attendants lined up in forground.

Flight Attendant 1:
    "America...the land of the free and home of the brave"

FADE TO BLACK:

CUE DISCLAIMER:

When traveling to the US your personal information will now be forwarded, retained and dissimentated by US authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by sovtek
    Yes I wonder what "our" (American) illustrious travel industry will do when they start noticing less and less coming from Europe (to spend their ever increasingly stronger currency)... make some more cheesy and embarrassing commercials?

Class ad sovtek, but I reckon its more likely that this iwll just be seen as further proof that the Europeans are anti-American.

jc

Originally posted by bonkey
    Class ad sovtek, but I reckon its more likely that this iwll just be seen as further proof that the Europeans are anti-American.

jc

Thanks bonkey, I came up with it over a big greasy helping of freedom fries.

Advertisement