Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRRR Eircom really taking the piss

Options
  • 18-12-2003 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Right i know its probabaly because I registered on there site, i know its an automated thing thats sent out to all eircom customers

But it really is taking the PISS when eircom send a christmas card over the internet

with the WORDS

POWERED BY BROADBAND

Emblazoned all over this fing card, when i saw this it was like a red rag to a Bull

Im writing an e-mail tomorrow to Phil Nolan to tell him where to stuff his christmas card and his company

The flaming cheek

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

LOL. ;)

Still with the dodgy line Shinzon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    LOL. ;)

Still with the dodgy line Shinzon?

Yep fraid so, I was talking to a guy who worked in the south african telecomms company for years, he works where i work now, anyhoo hes told me about doing a divert on my line basically switching my line for someone elses.

Eircom seem to be mulling iy over at the mo, usually i get a reply in a day or so basically saying ye must be joking

Who know BB for shin in 04, 3004 that is

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭corkie

Was the e-mail dated for 01-Jan-1970 with "No Subject"

and you eventualy get to this url: -

http://mmm.eircom.ie/eircom_xmas/xmas2003.asp

If so their is an unscribe feature at the end of it.
    Allot of good it will do I will probably still get a card in my eircom.net account next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aimhirgin

Guys, forget broadband!

I've been trying since september to get a regular phone line at my house.
    First Eircom told me they had no record of me after six weeks and started my application all over, no explanation, no apology.

Next, when they failed to contact me in the next six weeks it took me approx five phonecalls to get some one prepared to come out to the house for "assessment"

Fair dues, chap came on appointed day....told me pipe from wall socket to outside was blocked and I'd have to have my hall tiles dug up to unblock it. I asked him to measure how far the blockage was from wall socket so he passed a cable and found now it was not blocked. INCREDIBLE. Next said he couldn't locate the pipe outside the house, got a chum to walk up and down the road with him, then left with no explanation.

A week later I got a phonecall to say I would have to bring a cable from the house out to road and ACROSS THE ROAD to meet up with the eircom cable.

Is this not the job Eircom are meant to do??? Are they takin' the p*ss completely???

If they cannot put a regular line in a house in a reasonable timeframe, how on earth can they get the country on broadband?

RANT OVER.
    So does anyone here know how to get satellite broadband without a phone line???:D
    Is it correct that nobody else in the country installs phonelines? Why do they have this monopoly?

Aimhirgin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 R33-GT-R

Originally posted by aimhirgin
    Guys, forget broadband!

I've been trying since september to get a regular phone line at my house.
    First Eircom told me they had no record of me after six weeks and started my application all over, no explanation, no apology.

I am in the same boat as you, I've been trying since october to get a regular phone line at my house. First they sent in a technician to my house but he could not do anything because he said he can't put in new connection, when he was leaving he told me he will put in a new order for me for a new connection but few days later I rang the sales department again, they told me my order was not for a new connection. so.... they put in into the back of the line for new connection. In November I even got a phone bill asking me for payment for line rental. This is taking a piss as I don't even have the line connected, why should I have to pay for line rental? then I rang them in December, they even ask me for my full address, they said they need my full address for to narrow down the search for what was wrong. How can they not have my address in their system, they have sent a technician and a phone bill to my house with my FULL address on it,how can they tell me that they don't have my full address in their system? How can such a big company can make mistakes like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aimhirgin

"How can such a big company can make mistakes like this?"

The answer to this is simple......they have no competition and therefore have no standard to live up to.

Although one can survive with a mobile phone for regular calls, there does not appear to be any reasonable solution to getting online without a landline because broadband by satellite communication requires phone line for uplink and broadband by cable (NTL) requires a landline (no idea why).

Basically until eircom put a land line in your house, you cannot get internet connection, sky tv or ntl broadband. And this company does what it like because there is no competition. CRAZY.

Aimhirgin

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Originally posted by aimhirgin
    broadband by cable (NTL) requires a landline (no idea why)... Basically until eircom put a land line in your house, you cannot get ... ntl broadband.
    Emmm - where did you hear this? I've NTL broadband and it goes nowhere near your telephone line and they never mentioned it, not once.

Whoever told you this was telling porky-pies I suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

no offence, but no one wants to hear your whining about not being able to get broadband. its a hard part of life. live with it man. enjoy other things. broadband isnt the be all and end all of things.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Limey

Yes but this forum exists because people are pissed off at the lack of affordable broadband - so he's entitled to give out.

Advertisement