Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iol bt freebies ?

• 18-12-2003 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right well about 3 months ago now i signed up for iol bt bb . ( the home user one ) since i had isdn i had to get the tec install . about a month r so ago he came out undone the isdn . after that i went out and bought the dsl router as i know the free one they give dosnt support what i want . then rang the tec support to dubble chk settings etc...

so its been 3 months and i havent gotton one single letter . i rang them up to complain about this and they said they would send everythign out soon . that was about a month ago .

is this the norm ???
    i dont think ive been billed yet but im using the service fully and would like to know when bills get paid . when my first one will be done . when ill recieve the free stuff etc...

how is everyone else finding them ? are they actually doing what there ment to ? also thinking about switching over to them for phone service and get off eircom fully . are they good ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

IOL don't 'do' paper billing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by eth0_
    IOL don't 'do' paper billing.

that would explain that bit . but shouldnt i of been contacted in some way shape or form ? like i realised the line was active they never told me ? and i set it up considering i had opted for the tec install i would of expected him to call back to install somthn else as i was informed but nothn .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

You are meant to pay by Direct Debit, but it's not very reliable and you can pay by VISA - I think - when you get a phone call from them for the overdues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

FWIW I got Symantec Norton Internet Security 2004 (incl. Norton AV) with my USB modem. Don't know what the story is with people who didn't receive it. Just hassle them I suppose. Log each call that you make so you can tell them when you started asking etc. I'd believe it's more of a sales issue than a customer care thing so try tackling it from that end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 cooks

have been waiting two months for iolbb . its an absolute joke they said someone left the company and they forgot to process my application and that only one person can process my application and every time i ring that person is not there and they will ring me back which never happens. im thinking of changing to eircom if they dont get their act together

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

fatherdougal ? when did you go online ? I'm 5 weeks waiting with no contact.

Advertisement