Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Clock

Options
  • 19-12-2003 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to get windows xp's clock to show am and pm instead of the 24 hour format?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Go to:
    Start => Settings => Control Panel => Regional and Language Options => Customize (button) => Time (tab)

Now make these changes:
    In "Time format", enter h:mm:ss:tt <--- all lower-case
    Then enter am for "AM sybol" and pm for "PM sybol".

Click OK.
    Then click OK again.

Aaaaand you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Much obliged Santahoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

For extra l33tness get and install this as a service (for win2k Pro/WinXP Pro).
    Will synchronise your clock to the real time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by SyxPak
    For extra l33tness get and install this as a service (for win2k Pro/WinXP Pro).
    Will synchronise your clock to the real time.

So what does all this extra 1337ness?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

SyxPak you may want to give us a link:D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Windows XP already has a time synchronisation service by default.

You can access it though thte Time/Date applet in Control \Panel

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Hmm, I know where it's supposed to be, but it's not in my date/time properties.

Is it disabled when you don't use full XP mode or disable graphical logins? :s

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by moridin
    Is it disabled when you don't use full XP mode or disable graphical logins? :s

Nope, well not on my system anyway
    Usually the Internet Time tab when you double click on the clock. if its not there then I ain't gota clue :)

Advertisement