Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please: runtime error??

Options
  • 19-12-2003 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

hey, got windowz xp prof. few wks ago and ever since, IExplorer v6.0.26 is very annoying:
    i often get a popup window when i open websites saying:
    "ERROR
    A Runtime Error has occured
    Do you wish to dubug?
    Line 1
    Error: Invalid ChaRacter
    [YES] [NO]"

this re-occurs on certain sites like u.tv but never on other such as boards.ie
    can any1 help me, as i tried to choose yes, but it then goes into microsoft script editor and i get lost in a world where its just easier to press alt-F4!
    should i just revert back to my old win me version of Iexplorer?
    cheers guys
    ¬hacksaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They're javascript errors (not that you may give a damn as long as you don't see the message:D)

Click Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab.

There's an entry there called "Disable script debugging"

Tick the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hacksaw-eddie

YOU BEAUTY!!
    nice 1 mate, simple as pie but works a charm!
    damn... i was only told about this site about a week ago and already if found out loads.
    every1 replies so quicky in these boards...a lot quicker than some international ones ive been on in the past!

Advertisement