Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to xbox..need good game?

• 19-12-2003 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

was in the mood for fighting game i.e. Capcom V SNK on xbox...

any good anyone??? especially for Online gaming??

Also is the Fifa 2004 any good and also a good racing game??

Any suggestions would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Also what is crash nitro racing like....i want a game that use to be like mario kart and this seems to fit the bill

]Any ideas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i gave project gotham 2 a spin in gamestop last week and its good. over live should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

soul calibre 2 is one amazing beat em' up game, not sure if it plays over live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Halo is essential and probably the best game of the last five years. I also loved Morrowind - it's a great, deeply involving RPG with a fine story, but it's not for everyone. Top Spin Tennis is great in multi-player (and on Live) and manages to do something I didn't think possible in making Virtua Tennis look ordinary. What else? Crimsom Skies is my favourite Live game and it also offers a great one player mode. I picked up Rainbow Six 3 yesterday and that's really impressive too, but I haven't had a chance to play it on Live yet.

Ohhh and Panzer Dragoon Orta is an absolute must-have. It's cheap nearly everywhere now and is probably the best shoot-em-up available on the current genration of consoles, outshining the likes of Rez and Ikaruga.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Soul Calibur 2 isn't online.
    Capcom versus SNK is meant to be good enough.
    Crash nitro is really your only mario kart like option. I played the orginal on ps and its pretty good but a bit slow and I've heard that about nitro too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I have Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO and its great (only €30 in most GAME stores). If you like 2D fighters this is worth it for the online componant alone, suits it completely. You may also want to consider Dead or Alive Online which is coming out next year.

Crash Nitro Kart seems to be the best option for Playstation 2 and Xbox owners who are looking for a Mario Kart-style racing game. Just don't expect anything that hasn't been done before.

FIFA 2004 also seems to be the best option for a soccer game. I have heard that both Microsoft and Konami are interested in making additions (and you can bet their versions will contain online play) so it might be best to wait. You may want to consider Intenational Superstar Soccer 2 (althought its quite rare) or Sega Soccer Slam if you don't mind it's arcadey feel.

Enjoy.

Advertisement