Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Films Forum

Options
  • 19-12-2003 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Ok I'm in the most pedantic of moods this morning ;) so I thought i'd make a little suggestion:

Change the "Films" forum to "Film".

What's the difference between Film and Films (Besides the 's' :) ) ?

"Film" has broader connotations than "Films" in my opinion. Seeing as topics like the Film Industry, Film Technology and Film Genres often come up I think it would be more appropriate.

/me takes off my pedantic hat..

davej
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I counter this argument in favour of changing it to the word "Filims". For too long the Dublin accent has been opressed. Rise up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by amp
    I counter this argument in favour of changing it to the word "Filims". For too long the Dublin accent has been opressed. Rise up.

90% of Irish people say "Filim" not just the Dubs. Although, we say it better.... 'cos we're from Dublin.

Anyway, just to say I agree with ye amp. "filims" it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Why stop there? We could create an entire Dublin Skin for boards..

We could:
    1. redesign the graphics/layout using the slick styles of Liberty Hall and Busaras as a template.
    2. put all posts through a dublinizer filter
    3. add new forums like Fair City and De Spike

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I give my thumbs up for "Film"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

don't you use the word "cinema" for this art?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Not all de filims are shown in de cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,406 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How about teh moeviese? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Film sounds more general - perhaps such a title would encourage people to discuss other aspects of the topic - not just individual films.

Advertisement