Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oi! You! Big Gob!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'm a big gob, but I don't think that there could be such a thing as consensu about what's important to the general population of boards. We're too diverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

On the amazingly obscure but very important to me:

Someone actually releases BeOS R6, albeit under a different name, from Germany, and with some serious bugs.

BeOS was one of the hyped OS's of the late 1990's, but Be managed to commit technological suicide by moving to internet appliances and ARM CPU's, and the last version hit the shelfs in 2000.

yellowTAB (www.yellowtab.com) have got the R6 finally out and packaged now, although its only RC1 and without its servicepacks its virtually unusable.

Now is that obscure enough for you? I don't even think the reg picked up on it...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

bring back the apple 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Update?

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

what about Sky+ finally arriving in Ireland? Couldn't live without it now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

The Good:
    Irish Broadband expanding its services around the country - broadband at low prices...

The Bad:
    Too many to list, but one that hasn't been metioned here so far - the successful sueing of MS by USC and Eolas (think they're the chaps) for $500 million and change. Funny ol' world when W3 and Sun both support Ms in a court case...

The Ugly:
    Continuing profiteering by both retailers and the goverment (through taxes).
    The Spire - dear lord what were they thinking??

Advertisement