Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent News....

Options
  • 19-12-2003 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Juno Falls....have just been A-Listed on FM104 with our version "White Christmas" so get texting in and request it as much as possible please....
    Again, I don't know the number, if anyone has it, please post it up.
    We'll also be on the Strawberry Alarm Clock sometime before 10am this Monday the 22nd to play a few tunes again.
    Have a good one.
    Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GUINNESS POOH

I so regret having to add a post to this thread because I know I'll send it to the top again and hence... it will still be here tomorrow!

I have to say this...

Why should I text for juno falls? What makes you think we all like Juno Falls and want to help you? And anyway.. I thought the mighty Juno Falls can look after themselves now with their Sony deal - fothcoming album, and all that Pooh.. why on earth do they have to go and post this little thread asking for everyone to get texting?

This is humiliating for a band that are supposed to have such a hot profile at the moment! If I was your PR I'd string you up for making yourself look so small.

Please.. spare yourself a defensive reply to this post that'll only make you seem more 'garage band' than you've made yourself look already.

Amatuer stuff. tut tut tut.

:mad:

p.s I feel bad now, but I have cleary thought too much about this and I do have a point! You would never ever see any member of bellx1, wilt, the revs, the frames, turn etc etc etc pimp like that. They all get PR people to pretend their a fan. Do us a favour (cause I do actually respect your band) and do the same for god sake!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

If I weren't so tired right now I'd give you a bunch of reasons why I think you're wrong.....and your post also makes you come across as quite a twat.
    Oh well, maybe some other time....
    xxx me

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

But is it not good to see a band still working hard from the ground up getting support instead of resting on the laurels of a big label contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Originally posted by GUINNESS POOH
    I so regret having to add a post to this thread because I know I'll send it to the top again and hence... it will still be here tomorrow!

I have to say this...

Why should I text for juno falls? What makes you think we all like Juno Falls and want to help you? And anyway.. I thought the mighty Juno Falls can look after themselves now with their Sony deal - fothcoming album, and all that Pooh.. why on earth do they have to go and post this little thread asking for everyone to get texting?

This is humiliating for a band that are supposed to have such a hot profile at the moment! If I was your PR I'd string you up for making yourself look so small.

Please.. spare yourself a defensive reply to this post that'll only make you seem more 'garage band' than you've made yourself look already.

Amatuer stuff. tut tut tut.

:mad:

p.s I feel bad now, but I have cleary thought too much about this and I do have a point! You would never ever see any member of bellx1, wilt, the revs, the frames, turn etc etc etc pimp like that. They all get PR people to pretend their a fan. Do us a favour (cause I do actually respect your band) and do the same for god sake!!!!!!!

He never said he is from Juno Falls!!!! I thought he is in POPSTAR.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by dead air
    But is it not good to see a band still working hard from the ground up getting support instead of resting on the laurels of a big label contract?

It is indeed. And even if its a mate of the band who's doing it, so what? Better that than a disinterested record company doing feck all for them.

I was going to respond to the original whinge last night, but was too tried to be indignant. F**k the begrudgers though, and keep up the good work Kranog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

seeing as juno falls / blo.tooth have been A-listed on phantom pretty much continuously for the last few years with some song or another, i think it's highly relative to the messageboard folk. and it's nice to be informed, like, i wouldn't mind listening into that live thing on monday, but i wouldn't have known about it otherwise, so it's helpful.
    and fair dues to them for gettin their sony deal, finally decent music getting the recognition (and money) it so badly deserves.
    not your cup of tea? then it doesn't in any way concern you.

oh kranog good luck with the successfulness of everything

and a merry Christmas to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Are Juno Falls any good?

Listen... I think they're one of the best bands to come out of Dublin for years. Infact I've followed them since '97, when bands like Juniper, Mundy and Paddy Casey were getting lucky and the lads were being totally over-looked (god only knows why!)

So thats why I cant bare to see them still grovelling for votes now that they're getting industry support. It's just not that cool. I think they can afford to come across a little bit more 'untouchable' if thats the word to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Misnomers..misnomers..misnomers....

Kranog is in Juno Falls.

Such hypocrisy:
    A band keeps it real and does its own donkey-work - they're ****.
    Band gets signed and has someone else do their donkey-work - they're huge ****.
    Band finds fan-base in other country - disgusting.

Seriously, bands cannot win and personally I wouldn't be aresed trying to please the bitter bitter gobsh1tes that frequent message boards like these

And yes, Juno Falls (Blotooth) are an incredible band. In my mind, they've always operated on a level above most other unsigned bands around. That's the simplest thing I can say. You'll just have to listen to them.

MP3s here .

Gosh, I said something positive - I must be in the band now too.
    Tis growing by the second, this band. Magic....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Oh, Juno Falls are blo.tooth? Woah, I thought I missed something there. I haven't been listening to Phantom in years!

Great band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Kranog is in popstar & juno falls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

what the hell is wrong with chris informing people about the radio appearence??? how would a lot of people found out about it otherwise?? whats the problem really? uh dont know why im even bothering to reply to such a ****ing stupid comment.

www.beautifullosers.info

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Some people are just content to sit around begrudge any success that people attain. It's a real Irish trait, these people will bitch and moan and call people sell outs or whatever yet wont go out and show us "How it should be done" so we can all avoid such "constructive criticism" in future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Originally posted by f®eak s©enery
    Are Juno Falls any good?
    no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Why do we listen to Phantom if not to hear good, new music from Irish bands that haven't broken into the mainstream yet. I, for one, support these bands and hope they make it into the mainstream. And I feel that the majority of Phantom-listeners feel the same. And a good amount of Juno Fall's true fans are Phantom listeners, I would expect. And I really don't see how their is anything wrong with a band telling their real fans what's going on with the band and asking for their support. So, it is very appropriate for the band to post here doing so.

I think, if anything, Phantom listeners should feel happy that a band that represents everything they want to support, like Juno Falls, came to them asking for a tiny bit of support. And it is of course very admirable that a band isn't using their record company to advertise and promote the band, instead opting to go to a source of their fanbase themselves.

So, I think (as everyone has has concluded long ago:) ) that GUINNESS POOH's post has no merit and really it makes sense for everyone to support Irish bands in their efforts to break into the mainstream, and to fix the mainstream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

thought i'd ask here because, you know, i have to ask somewhere, &my mother's getting annoyed and confused at my persistence..
    do juno falls still play all blo.tooth stuff, or just new stuff? i probably sound ,monumentally stupid for even asking, but i'd just like to know because i want to go to that whelan's gig but i know none of their new stuff, &i'm crazy broke so i'd be more inclined to save money if the schka is that i won't know any of it..

mmmmmm....

I may as well check that gig out. Whelans you say?

Advertisement