Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

typing problem!

Options
  • 19-12-2003 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

i'm trying to cheat in Hitman 2

i have to open the console during the game by clicking ~
    but the only way i get it is by clicking and holding shift first, otherwise ' is typed

how to fix so that i don't need to CH shift to type ~ ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If you click on the ' key, do you get a # or a "? It looks like your keyboard layout is set to US or summat else, try this:

Start > Setting > Control Panel > Keyboard > Input Locales

If English (Ireland) or English (United Kingdom) isn't selected, select it and hit Set as Default. If it isn't listed, click Add, select it from the dropdown and click Add, and then set it as default.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

changed it to UK, still i have to press shift and type # to get ~

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You want to redefine the keyboard eh ?

A small weight on the shift key perhaps..

On a german keyboard cap locks is also a shift lock for many keys..

on m$'s site there is a utility to redefine keys - look society - languages - irish - stickies...

doesn't work :(

stupid creators of hitman 2, couldn't they add the option of remapping the key, damn!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

hex edit it then..
    pfff - can't be too many tildes in the code

• Advertisement

which file should i hex edit?

Oh boy .. where do I start...

Three (one euro) coins are enough to hold down the right shift key on my laptop. Sellotape & blutac also exist as do matchsticks and small wads of paper.

thanks mate :) but it doesn't work either, but that doesn't matter anymore i don't play hitman anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

I dunno if this is what your after, but its a remapping keyboard program, works on NT based systems. I used it to fix a problem lately were my computer had swapped the function of the Ctrl key and the Caps key, so every time I would press the ctrl key, the caps lock light would come on..

Its a superb program, and might be able to help you

It comes from the Micro$oft site of all places ;)

http://homepage.eircom.net/~anderson2002/misc/ReMapKeyboard.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

hope this helps, buit any game in which you have to get up a console by hitting the tilde key (~) i always hit the key in the upper left corner (¬) it always works for getting up the console (Hitman 2, Half Life, Jedi Kinght (all of them) etc.)

• Advertisement

ando - thanks for the app!!! nice! but it didn't fix the prob lol

Drazhar - nah doesn't work

forget it guys! Thanks!

Advertisement